B-Wing ID, Build and Now Paint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy Cowen

Sr Member
I'm looking for a few bits n bobs off the Studio B wings, if anyone has any idea's on the parts in the pics below please feel free post here. :cool

The part on the left appears a few times on the model and is bugging the hell out of me as I'm sure its an obvious kit but just cant locate it?

Last edited:
Re: B-Wing ID thread

Really, theres a B wing "club" ?..........Now i feel like ill NEVER make it in life :lol.

lee

I think My hobby days in the house are over, some resin dust nightmares with baby ball pools and its shot yourself in the foot time....yikes

The upshot is I'm now looking for a 9x9foot summer house to go in the garden, and on the doors it will say

Guy'LM

And no one will ever see me again Muuuu aaaahhhhh haaahhhaahha

Haha!!! Guy's new clubhouse.

I have no ideas about the IDs.

I think My hobby days in the house are over, some resin dust nightmares with baby ball pools and its shot yourself in the foot time....yikes

The upshot is I'm now looking for a 9x9foot summer house to go in the garden, and on the doors it will say

Guy'LM

Guy'LM

Was there foot tapping? Thats ALWAYS a bad sign mate. Best thing i can suggest with resin, is leave the Vacuum on, with the nozzle clamped over what your sanding, works for me.

lee

Guy did bad things with Dremel and resin and created snowstorm. Guy now made promise no mess or bbbbbbbbad things happen.

I had to hand clean all the balls in a baby ball pool, like 200 or so then covered it in resin again the next day....doh!

Guy did bad things with Dremel and resin and created snowstorm. Guy now made promise no mess or bbbbbbbbad things happen.

I had to hand clean all the balls in a baby ball pool, like 200 or so then covered it in resin again the next day....doh!

Static isnt your friend either, stuff sticks to plastics like, that 'orrible brown stuff, to a blanket.
Vacuum mate, it works great, as you dremel, it just goes straight up the pipe, ZERO mess.

lee

I know mate, trouble is Vaccum at 1-2am is annoying, well I suppose a Dremel aint too pleasant either :lol

Will Guy's clubhouse be 'padded' to contain the resin monster inside?.
Either for his safety or the neighbors banging on the door at 2am:lol

Looking for those part ID's for you mate, LYK.
Stu

Cheers Stu, hers another one thats bugging me, I thought it was Vosper but only have a manuel to look at the mo and cant see it in there, its one of those again that I think I have but cant locate. There is 2 in the cockpit , one each side and theyre around 12mm square. I dont think its from armour but saying that I'm going through all my armour again now!!

Last edited:

Also, g the new Guy'LM headquarters ordered yesterday, Its a 8x9 foot Workshop but with nice double cotswold doors. Delivered and up and running in the next 2 weeks, I just found out that my regular work has been put back a few months so will be looking for paint or build commissions to occupy my time in the the new office :lol

MAJOR_APEX_6405.jpg

Love the new GuyLM headquarters mate, looks nice and cosy! I hear you on the vacuum noise, I'm another nocturnal builder who cringes when firing up the Dremel at 3.30 am.:D

I still have my B wing boxed up, just waiting for inspiration to strike one of these years. Your original B is still one of my all time hero builds. Just flawless.

Mike

I hear ya mate, night time is the best time for everything.

Thanks for the kind words mate, I think the next one will be better :love

Sweet looking new headquarters for GuyLM mate. You gonna put some nice fluro lights in there for maximum light?.
I find late afternoon & the wee small hours of night are the best for me to get stuff done. Red wine gets me in the do/do mood too, but not too much, then I'm just plain sleepy:lol.
Then again, I am a Kiwi & they are nocturnal, so that makes it all clear.

I'll hunt out those parts too mate, LYK.
Stu

Cheers Stu, hers another one thats bugging me, I thought it was Vosper but only have a manuel to look at the mo and cant see it in there, its one of those again that I think I have but cant locate. There is 2 in the cockpit , one each side and theyre around 12mm square. I dont think its from armour but saying that I'm going through all my armour again now!!

Cockpitleever.jpg

It's from the Tamiya 1/350 Bismarck or Tirpitz. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back