B-Wing ID, Build and Now Paint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly it wasn't about making it was about needing, I'd never use other people to make a profit !!!! I loved that kit, but new I could scratch one when time allows

I generate the money I need from working hard but when there's no work tuff decisions have to be made !

It was either the B-wing or I go Repo -man

Moe still sends me dog poo on fire every few months so I do get reminded of how it feels to see your work potentially being exploited.

I'm due one before Christmas !!!

- - - Updated - - -

Frank just stopped sending me fresh flowers and candy !!!

- - - Updated - - -

I can commiserate. I'd wager at this point, 20% of my commission/freelance work has been in the service of finding something bigger/better/crazier, and sadly 80% has been shoveled into our ninety one year old house. I keep very little, but sure do love my working kitchen, bathroom, roof, etc etc.

But the fun is in the builds, not the dusting, so I tell myself it's okay :)

I don't understand why buying a kit, building it, and then selling it is exploitation though? Unless you kept track of your hours, and realized how little you paid yourself? That's usually the way it works out for me.

The kit were talking about had a few select clients, we were sold it through appreciation of our appreciation

I'm only talking about the B-wing not all kits..... thats why I felt bad...but I owned it so had every right...that doesn't take away the feeling that I may have let people down, if they perceived what I did as a money making scheme!

ITs cos I value the people that sold me it more than anything, and appreciate the value of peoples respect for me to sell me it in the first place knowing it was going to be a very limited run of kits...

I still have yet to build a B-Wing - too many ANH and ESB ships to work my way through! But I very much agree with you that people's respect is earned through treating people well.

Any way, good luck on your scratch built model - those are always the ones to cherish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back