B.P.R.D. Memnan Saa Yeti cult Pendant

Tothiro

Ok, Hi.
I believe this is a first posting for me - I've been out of the loop since the Hackery business.

This is a Pendant of the Memnan Saa Yeti/Wendigo cultists from the B.P.R.D. / Hellboy universe, based primarily on some published Mignola design sketches, but also incorporating elements of other panels in Lobster Johnson shorts and related ref as the designs are a bit fluid. I opted out of the sun/fire burst around the top loop in some of the designs and panels, and instead based mine on a more formal sketch Mignola had included in one of his printed extras - The specific wear, cracks and pitting is based on his sketch style and the placement in that particular rendering.

This is a simple resin cast with commercial pigment mix-ins anda low-tech weathering wash. I may make a more life-accurate weathering/aging version later, but I wanted to keep the first one basic and comic pulpy.

amulet_small.jpg

amulet_model_small.jpg

i for one really like it. looks like it jumped out of the comic. well done, im familiar with the pendant and it looks really cool!

Oooo, nice!

That's been on my "to do" list for quite a while now, but I have yet to get around to it :unsure

I like your interpretation - well done :thumbsup

I like your interpretation - well done :thumbsup

Wow - hey thanks, that is high praise indeed considering your stuff. Nice to see an old "POFer" here. I remember your WIPs on the Hammer and Zinco grenade projects, I had no idea the resurrection amulet was yours too!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back