Azura's Star wip

batmatrix

I started work on Azura's Star today. This is only a couple of hours of work. The arms need more sanding, but I'd say they are off to a good start.
DSC_0394.JPG

DSC_0398.JPG

DSC_0402.JPG

DSC_0404.JPG

That's all I have for now.

-Matrix

Last edited:
Looks like your off to a good start! - Are you planning to make one master 'finger' and cast the rest of them?

That is exactly what I intend to do. If I can't get the center piece to work out, I will take the best eighth of it and attach it to the 'finger'. I did some measuring to make the eight divisions equal, so it should work that way. Heck, I might do that to make the piece more symmetric instead of wasting time on something that won't be close to even.

-Matrix

Hey there

Looks good so far, but did you finish it? This thread is a bit old.
Would be kinda sad if you didn't finish your project :/
Azura's Star sure is kinda intersting to do.

see ya,
Folkenstal

Hey there

Looks good so far, but did you finish it? This thread is a bit old.
Would be kinda sad if you didn't finish your project :/
Azura's Star sure is kinda intersting to do.

see ya,
Folkenstal

I haven't finished this yet, but I also haven't forgotten about it. It is a fun project that has dropped on my priority list because of costumes with deadlines, but will be finished this summer after A-kon. I'm re-evaluating how I want to do the central hub, and I wasn't satisfied with the size of the star, so I redid the arm I made it quite a bit longer.

IMG_20130514_205638.jpgIMG_20130514_205653.jpg

-Matrix

I haven't finished this yet, but I also haven't forgotten about it. It is a fun project that has dropped on my priority list because of costumes with deadlines, but will be finished this summer after A-kon. I'm re-evaluating how I want to do the central hub, and I wasn't satisfied with the size of the star, so I redid the arm I made it quite a bit longer.

-Matrix

Thanks for the input!
Sure, you need to do what you need to do.

Can you tell me the size of the star?
as far as I remeber the ingame size is huge. frisbee huge.
And yours?

Thanks for the input!
Sure, you need to do what you need to do.

Can you tell me the size of the star?
as far as I remeber the ingame size is huge. frisbee huge.
And yours?

The arm is about 6 inches so the entire thing will be about 16 inches wide.

-Matrix

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back