Aztec Jaguar Predator

Jonluke1

I was thinking of making an Aztec Predator suit based off of the Aztec Jaguar warriors. The skin of the predator would resemble a jaguars spots, fur on the suit, jaguar tail belt, feathers here and there for more aztec look. Seeing AVP really inspired me because of the whole mayan aspect. So plz answer the poll honest opinions. Post suggestions as well, i will also try and post some newer pics of a predator styled with aztec armor as best as i can.

Pred_1.jpg

Pred_2.jpg

Pred_3.jpg

Sweet! Another ancient tribal suit...mine's based off of the ancient Inca's. Good luck with your build, it sounds great so far!

The Inca idea sounds pretty cool, good luck on your suit too. The pic posted here is kind of what i would like it to look like, obviously colors would be changed and it would be given more of an aztec/jaguar look, but i just threw this together from taping aztec style art too a predator picture i have. Again be honest i can take critisicm, and any suggestions would be great. Thanks and sorry for the quality of the pic, taken by phone.

Pred_photo_5.jpg

Again be honest i can take critisicm

Well.... the Pred on the pic looks like the Easter Bunny... :D but that's just the copy & paste effect.

I really dig that concept. I bet it'll look amazing! Personally, I'd not change the skin tone too much; we've seen different tones (e.g. the Snake Hunter and all), but I wouldn't go further than hinting at something. But that's just me.

Good luck, I'll be watching this!

Here's a tip: You should watch Gibson's Apocalypto. May not be totally historically correct looks wise, but gives you an idea what you can do to pimp your Pred.

Here's a tip: You should watch Gibson's Apocalypto. May not be totally historically correct looks wise, but gives you an idea what you can do to pimp your Pred.

How did the Inca's pimp their animal costumes (I have no idea), but that could give you other ideas about how to do the armor:

Jaguar Claws in the necklace

Maybe Jaguar paws & claws on the shoulder guards and or on top of the feet.

Would incorporating the Jaguar Skull into the bio be too much? Maybe just a representation of the top half, so it doesn't look too Mr. Black-ish?

Maybe take one of the images from throwing Inca Gods into Google and incorporating one of the faces into the bio's face and/or shape.

Google Inca Pottery and Inca art. Maybe incorporate one of their repeating patterns into a bandolier, belt, belt buckle, loin clothe, etc.

Predatorize a couple of the Inca's weapons

Anywho, can't wait to see what you come up with!

Thank you all for the replies, great ideas, I love the Easter bunny remark lol, made me laugh, definitely gonna look into more ideas then I'll post more pics of my actual suit with the Aztec jaguar designs

From what I researched about the Inca gods, I'm leaning towards "Supay" myself. He was the god death and leader of demons. I thought that would be pretty cool since they could and probably would view the Predators and demons from the sky.

I like the Jaguar claw your found, it reminds me of the one item on the Tusky cod piece.

I'm going to have to watch that movie too, good idea.

This sounds pretty sweet JonLuke...Your Aztec suit build and my Inca suit build...it's like we're building brother suits.

Good Luck!!!

The circled weapons in the pictures are called Macuahuit "Hungry wood", wooden shaft embedded with obsidian shards on the edges, any ideas on how these can be incorperated into predator?

Attachments

• Macahutl.bmp
    693.9 KB · Views: 201
The circled weapons in the pictures are called Macuahuit "Hungry wood", wooden shaft embedded with obsidian shards on the edges, any ideas on how these can be incorperated into predator?

You could use it as a sacred weapon. Just like in the militarizes around the world, most give out a sword as a sign of honor. This weapon, the Macuahuit could be one of those types of weapons. Not used a lot, but a sign that honor was gained/high ranking warrior.

You could use it as a sacred weapon. Just like in the militarizes around the world, most give out a sword as a sign of honor. This weapon, the Macuahuit could be one of
those types of weapons. Not used a lot, but a sign that honor was gained/high ranking warrior.

Going along with that theme, it could incorporate the Alien Head handle of the ceremonial dagger...

Nice! I'm about to scratch built a Egyptian Scorpion Female Predator suit for another member here. We can get this Ancient Culture theme going

Another idea is to incorporate the end of the Alien tail into the handle and do it in gold...
Your idea was great, I incorperated the alien tail idea in my Macuhatl and this is my work in progress, it will be completley spray painted black with jaguar teeth glued to the taped parts, let me know what you guys think...

Pred_macuhuati.jpg

Your idea was great, I incorperated the alien tail idea in my Macuhatl and this is my work in progress, it will be completley spray painted black with jaguar teeth glued to the taped parts, let me know what you guys think...

Solid start. Can't wait for the updates!

Nice! I'm about to scratch built a Egyptian Scorpion Female Predator suit for another member here. We can get this Ancient Culture theme going B)

I like the idea...a clan of ancient warriors. Jonluke's Aztec Jaguar, your Egyptian Scorpion, Master Anubis' suit, and my Inca theme suit.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back