avpr

newpred

i dunno if i have bad luck with dvds or its just the movie but i got a new copy of AVPR and realized why i cant rememder how that damn movie went because it was so dark 80% of the movie. I could not see for beans. I think i need to see an eye doctor now from trying to focus so hard on what was happening. Is it my dvds or is that just how it is

im pretty sure thats how it is... I saw it in the theater once and was aggrivated because the entire movie was at night, with rain, and flashing lights... so much detail was lost... :D

No dude, AVPR's darkness is not your bad eyes, I wear glasses & I have a hard time watching it on a 3k + 46 LED backlit LCD TV in High Def, & it's just atrocious. Dark Knight & other Blu-Ray movies like that awful new Clash of the Titans movie were fine, but AVPR was horrendus for lighting.

You can tell it's bad when at the end, when the executive carries the plasma pistol to the woman, it's supposed to be a "daylight" scene and you can barely see that, given the haze.

It's a clear post production problem and not a DVD transfer problem( The Relic was a movie you COULD make out at the theatre but the DVD was too dark, AVPR is a case where BOTH were dark)

that's funny I was thinking the same thing, tried to lighten up my tv and adjust my dvd player and the whole time its the movie, i guess if you have any of the AVPR figures you can react them out, that way you get in 3d lol

I did not have a problem with its darkness. I'm not sure why when it seems that everyone else did (I've read it over and over). Maybe I'm nocturnal.

Same here..I had no issue when watching the film, I watched it for the first time last week sometime, I had the dvd for months though. I watched it on my PC dvd player..there were some dark night scenes but for the most part the movie shown fine for me.
~Estelle

Same here..I had no issue when watching the film, I watched it for the first time last week sometime, I had the dvd for months though. I watched it on my PC dvd player..there were some dark night scenes but for the most part the movie shown fine for me.
~Estelle

Thats how it is for me. I watch it via VLC Media Player (free to download) on the computer and I can see everything just fine.

Im getting the same results as some of the other member here. When I watch on my pc, I can see just fine(even when its connected to the tv via hd port).
I heard it was terrible in theaters though.

When I first viewed AVPR on blue ray it was pretty dark, but then I changed my settings around a little and it brightened up a lot. But Dark Knight was always fine for me. Damn did Heath Ledger pull of that Joker or what?!

yea r.i.p heath. Not to change my own posts subject but i still think that olsen wench had a hand in his death by being a co-dependent. Why she never got in trouble is beyond me

My care-o-meter was in the negative from halfway the flick, the only scenes I can stand are those with Wolf in it, the rest is causing brain damage.

My care-o-meter was in the negative from halfway the flick, the only scenes I can stand are those with Wolf in it, the rest is causing brain damage.

I saw most everything, I think because a lot of people here enjoy replicating props and such they wanted to see more details. I don't so I enjoyed the dark atomosphere because it added the alien horror genre kind of into it. You didn't really know where stuff was so it could jump out at you. I just have issues with the writing, not the cinematography.

When I first viewed AVPR on blue ray it was pretty dark, but then I changed my settings around a little and it brightened up a lot. But Dark Knight was always fine for me. Damn did Heath Ledger pull of that Joker or what?!

I've tried adjusting my tv settings and dvd settings to brighten up but then the image quality gets affected, doesn't look right. ...and in my PC looks even darker... :-S

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back