AVP

gam3rgod

Okay so i was watching AVP right and i dont know how many people already know this but it screwed up it takes place in 2004 right and in that movie weyland dies right. And in alien 3 way in the future he is alive and considerably younger then in AVP but i guess thats just an error in film making but if i am missing something then please feel free to catch me up because i am completely baffled and angry.

yes but when he arrived at the refinary he talked to ripley he said that he was the real weyland but i guess that could have been a lie well thank you.

He was human; the special edition cut shows blood and him yelling "I'm not a droid!"

Personally, I'd take AVP (which I enjoyed and thought was pretty cool as a stand-alone film) and AVP-R (which sucked) with a grain of salt. The official plot ends after Resurrection. Or, not counting Resurrection's attempt to bring back the franchise, it ends after A3.
But those are the last Alien films you should take seriously IMO.

I think he was an android all along. In my opinion special editions don't really count for much. There's the cut meant for theatrical release and then there's the crap produced for a cash grab. Adding in a bit of dialog and blood just proves to me that the director changed his mind about the characters arch in the editing bay. What was in the original release is likely what he wanted.

This could very well be how they viewed it for AVP. Allowing them to create their own arch for Weyland.

People always harp on three but I kind of enjoyed it. I can't put my finger on it but I really do like it. To me they were doing something different I guess. The one I can't stand is four.

Did you not see the part where the side of his head is practically ripped off. Pretty sure if he was human he would be in to much pain to tell her not to jump and what not.

-Chris

His head wasn't ripped off. His ear was coming off, but that was it. What's more, there was blood there. In the special edition, when he said "I'm not a droid," he even touched his ear and screamed it out loud.

[quote name='A Hunter's Moon' post='215294' date='Jul 7 2010, 09:39 AM']People always harp on three but I kind of enjoyed it. I can't put my finger on it but I really do like it. To me they were doing something different I guess. The one I can't stand is four.[/quote]

Resurrection was okay, I guess... but yeah, A3 was my favorite actually. I liked the darker and more gothic direction they took it in.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back