avp-wolf conversion

strugglingrunt

hi people...during my appearance at the london mcm this saturday the moving part of my mandible mask broke once i got it home i managed to repair 3 of the 4 mandibles with the upper right being to badly damaged to repair i instantly thought about turning it into a wolf style scar, having no idea how to do this i contacted a member on here for advice and also looked on youtube on how to make an acid burn effect, once i found a method which seemed a good way of doing it i went out bought some liquid latex and some paint, and so after a few hours this is what i came up with ,it's no masterpiece by any imagination i'm no usurper or any of the skilled makers on here but i gave it a good go! any advice comments or critism is very welcome :D

wolf_scars_014.JPG

wolf_scars_004.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I think youve done a really good job with the scar.

My only advice would be to knock back the green with some mellower shades ( the more the better ) and add some normal flesh colours in the mix to break it up.

well done anyway, i think its a defo improvement over the original anyway as its unique.

I think youve done a really good job with the scar.

My only advice would be to knock back the green with some mellower shades ( the more the better ) and add some normal flesh colours in the mix to break it up.

well done anyway, i think its a defo improvement over the original anyway as its unique.
thanks lee....yeah your right needs more depth of colour and flesh tones will really help,thanks it's a work in progress so as i said advice is very welcome :D

Would the method you used be appropriate to adding any burn/acid affect to a mask? I'm asking because I would like to add a custom glpyh to my mask (his own version of the Scar) but frankly I don't know enough to make sure I didn't completely damage the mask.

Thanks!
Charlie

Would the method you used be appropriate to adding any burn/acid affect to a mask? I'm asking because I would like to add a custom glpyh to my mask (his own version of the Scar) but frankly I don't know enough to make sure I didn't completely damage the mask.

Thanks!
Charlie
yeah i would have thought so mate

having took on lee's advice i added more shades of green and fleshy tones i think it looks better what do you reckon?

before
new_scar_003.JPG

after
wolf_scars_014.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow ..looking much better! gotta ask...how did they break?...I was concerned that the fiberglass undershell would perforate the latex.

Wow ..looking much better! gotta ask...how did they break?...I was concerned that the fiberglass undershell would perforate the latex.
[/quot
thanks man!...the parts of the mask that broke were the string that connects the jaw and the lever springs that make the mandible parts open also bits of the fibre glass had come away and had to be replaced,but i dont think the underskull would pierce the latex though

The new paint job makes a huge difference; definitely more realistic. What did you do to create the acid burn effect?

Charlie

The new paint job makes a huge difference; definitely more realistic. What did you do to create the acid burn effect?

Charlie
thanks mate :eek: i'm not sure if this is the best way of doing it but this is how i did it:i cleaned the side of the mask then i put a thin wash of liquid latex on the side of the mask then used kitchen paper rolled up into tube shapes and made outlines of the scarring( but dont have the tubes to thick) then once i had got all the paper down i put 5 thin coats of liquid latex down using a hairdryer between each layer to dry before putting a next layer down,once that was dry i painted the latex with the darkest shade of green first then roughly 10 different shades of green each one lighter in colour i then added a colour that i made up to match that of the skin,then once all that was done i got some really dark green and put it in the ridges of the scars to make them stand out,once that was dry i put one more thin coat of latex over it bit this time when i dried it i put the hairdryer really close to the latex so it formed loads of little bubbles which look like the skin has bubbled and blistered.....hope this helps,as i said this might not be the best way of doing it but this is how i did it :devil:

john

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back