AVP spear measurements

Shataan

Sr Member
Hyas all. I am now starting to make the AVP spear attempt. I got an ADI pic from Usurper. Blew it up so that the hand holding it was the same size as my hand. The spear measures 36 1/2 inches tip to tip.

The Sideshow spear I blew up so the handle matches the ADI book spear being held by a hand, both are 2 inches thick, but the Sideshows legth is a whopping 48 inches. NOT the advertized 41 inches. So I am now gonna try to get the /sideshow pic to 41 inches length and see how it looks. Slogging on.

Once I get the length, I will startart on the center pieces.

addendum:

ok, got it to Sideshows 41 inch length tip to tip. Here we go. ;p I don`t know if this is right. As in, accurate, but I am going with it.

IF ANYONE has any changes in length they feel I should make, start yelling within the next 2 days. Once I start, I go. ;p

Are you making a Closed replica or one that will extend??? the spear that I built (which extends) is about the size of the blown up ADI one you mentioned & when it is extended it is WELL over 7 foot

I went really ambitious with the details/sculpt of the AVP UBER cannon, and on making it so it will actualy do the recoil movement if someone wired in some remote control actuators. But the only person to date who came close to making it totally remote control was FarScape1.

For this prop I am just doing a 41 inch long AVP spear in the closed position. If someone wants to mod the spear on their own to open and close, all the power to em. The same attention to detail I put into the UBER cannon, will go into the spear.

I`ll doc with pics as usual.

Hey guys. Possibility if I can get a copy of that pic sent to me as well. I am going to start my AVP spear build soon. It is good to have it as a reference. I would appreciate it.

Hey guys. Possibility if I can get a copy of that pic sent to me as well. I am going to start my AVP spear build soon. It is good to have it as a reference. I would appreciate it.

Sorry dude, you are replying to a 9 year old thread, with participants that have not been seen on the forum for between 1 and 7 years...

I think you'll have more luck in the 'predator armory (props)' section. You'll surely be able to find some info on building a spear there.

Im try to get bigger pictures of the avp swirl pattern on the handle so I can try to pass it onto the spear. Whatever is online is not helping. Pics are small or they are too dark. If anyone has bigger pics of the spear who would be willing to share. Thanks in advance. I will props sections as well..

Found this online, not sure if this is of any help to you?

maxresdefault (2).jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back