AVP(R) Retractable Spear

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Spearaizer

Well, I know many of us predator folk have a retractable spear (me almost included :D ) and for those of us who don't, I'm sure there are a few questions. To start off, is it flimsy, or sturdy? Do you flick the extendable side out, or is there a release mechanism? Once the blade comes out, does is stay out, or fall back inside easily? Could you throw it like a normal spear? Are all them the same? (I mean the different websites with all the exact same pictures.) And most importantly, could you actually use it? Answer these questions, or just show your spears off! ;)
RetractableSpear.jpg

RetractableSpear.jpg

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Guan Thwei

Mine does retract, but only one side. It is made out of steel, screw on rods hence very sturdy you have to flick it for it to extend to it's full length. Once out it does stay out but you have to pull on it to make sure that it is fully extended other wise it just falls back into original position.
The blades are very sharp I should know because I have taken it apart and I have not thrown it only because I think that something like this would be not very good for spearing anything unless you again make sure that retractable end is in a fixed position to were it is very diffcult to put it back or use the other end that does not retract, but one would have to make sure to throw that end and not get confused with the other end by mistake.

Other then that I think this is a very cool AVP piece to own!!
6iD2HsXdo2sotjr.jpg

6iD2HsXdo2sotjr.jpg

crawjaw

My spear is fixed in the extended position except the end pieces which are removeable for positioning purposes. You couldn't throw it as it's only a prop and is built into the hand of my replica Predator.
Still bloody sharp as the spear tips are made from tin cans.

PredatorFinish-_10-23-2009_4737.jpg

PredatorFinish-_10-23-2009_4737.jpg

Spearaizer

Mine does retract, but only one side it is made out of steel screw on rods hence very sturdy. You have to flick it for it to extend to it's full length. Once out it does it will stay out but you have to pull on it to make sure that it is fully extended other wise it just falls back into original position.
The blades are very sharp I should know because I have taken it apart and I have not thrown it only because I think that something like this would be not very good for spearing anything unless you again make sure that retractable end is in a fixed position to wear it is very diffcult to put it back or use the other end that does not retract, but one would have to make sure to throw that end and not get confused with the other end by mistake.

Other then that I think this is a very cool AVP piece to own!!
6iD2HsXdo2sotjr.jpg
OOH! :D Thanks! Interesting. . .

6iD2HsXdo2sotjr.jpg