Avp Pred W.i.p (Finished Suit) 10/14

Badgerhunter27

Well I have decided to change my current pred costume into a AVP pred, after seeing the work fastburst and aaron did on their costumes it gave me a lot of inspiration to try my hand at a AVP pred and I also just wanted to keep on improving on it so this is what I have done so far, some of the pieces like the gaunts and backpack I have changed up and improved on as far as detail goes they still need some more details and I plan on adding as I go.

Backpack.jpg

Chest armor.jpg

chest armor 2.jpg

Gaunt 2.jpg

right gaunt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I made sure to leave the other side open and didnt close the two pieces together like I did with the right side, this way I can still slide it on kinda like a t-shirt and then when it finally is on im going to just close it up with velcro so I wont be trapped lol

Have some more progress pics to add, today my dreads and beads showed up from Corey (termokk) and they look awesome cant wait to start painting these beads up.

Dreads.jpg

Next I updated the look of my belt from the previous one.

shins.jpg

And lastly I made my shins look a little better

belt.jpg

my next step is to buy a black skateboard helmet and super glue the dreads to it, and also getting a tri-laser for the bio.

Alright just finished this up today, and I am pretty happy with how it looks, it is a little poofy even after gluing them at an angle and putting the beads on but I took a velcro strap and wrapped it around the dreads and will prob leave it on there for a few months to hopefully shape them a little closer to the head. I didnt have any more industrial strength Velcro to attach the bio yet but once I do that I will model some pics for ya with it on.

Dread helmet.jpg

Today I was able to attach the bio to the helmet and after leaving the strap on the head over night it made quiet a difference on re-shaping the dreads to conform more around the face and it looks much better. I am really happy that this is finally done and it completely blows my old backer rod dreads out of the water. The gradual upgrades are coming along nicely and this def adds a lot more authentic look to the suit.

Side 1.jpg

Side 2.jpg

Front.jpg

Test fit 1.jpg

Test fit 2.jpg

Mounted my backpack to the chest armor and it turned out nicely. The only problem I ran into when I first attempted putting it on was where the cannon was mounted, at first it was more on my shoulder but once I put the dreads on this did not work at all as the dreads had nowhere to fall so they just sat on top of the cannon and it looked bad. So I ended up chopping off the platform I had originally made for it and put it more behind my shoulder.

Backpack mount.jpg

Here are my feet that I carved out of great stuff foam, turned out decent for my first time really carving anything. I had to re-apply the foam a couple of times on each just to try and get rid of some of the air bubbles and there still are some small ones but once I cover them in latex I am thinking it should fill them in. Please let me know of any suggestions you may have, I normally didnt want any of the lift showing but it looked more like a giant cast then a foot so I had to trim it up to get a better proportion.

Pred feet.jpg

Pred feet 1.jpg

pred feet 2.jpg

~it's all coming together very well,looking great so far.I like the idea for the feet as if I ain't got enough building my own suit my 12 yr old daughter wants a pred costume too,this has given me an idea how to get over the feet issue~keep up the good work,well done so far.I also agree the backpack looks great!

I like how your suit s turning out - awesome build! You are spot on with latex filling in the tiny holes on the feet (did this method myself lol). I would recommend using a latex thickener for filling the holes and maybe for the first layer or 2 after that. Coming along great though fella, keep them updates flying this way!!!

Thanks for the comments guys, I was originally going to buy some feet but b/c I am on somewhat of a budget I usually only buy one big purchase a year. Last year it was the bio and this year was the dreads and rings but I new i needed some feet b/c last year i just wore some shoes and it kinda kills the effect and plus I also wanted to add some height being that I am only 5'6 so with these I am about 5'10 and once I have the helmet on it should put about 6 ft which I'll take. But yeah I have seen a couple other guys in here do it and it only costed me about 12 bucks so far and I am happy with the turn out.

@Double H: How much latex did you end up using on your feet, I still need to buy some (Probably from FXwarehouse) and they have a couple different sizes to choose from. I dont think I will need a whole gallon as this is the only project I need them for.

@Double H: How much latex did you end up using on your feet, I still need to buy some (Probably from FXwarehouse) and they have a couple different sizes to choose from. I dont think I will need a whole gallon as this is the only project I need them for.

I don't think you will need any more than 1 litre plus thickener. It depends how many holes you have to fill in and then how thick you want to make the layers after that. I bought 1 litre with thickener and only used half of it.

@made 007: I dont have any with them on but I can throw some pics up today.

@Double H: Thank you this should help b/c I see they have a 32oz size, so I will probably go with that.

On a side not my laser diodes showed up today so that is the next thing to do on the list.

Im waiting on some lasers too, looking forward to see them intalled ;), take the pics when you have some time, dont worry

Small update not much but put this together out of some left over rib bones, not only did I get a awesome meal but I got a trophy necklace out of it as well.

Bones.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back