AVP New Blood

Hey.
This was my first fanfilm! Thanks for the nice comments! I'm in the 'wolf' style suit wearing a Predamaker Bio!
We shot this last year and got two trailers out (this creature trailer was inspired by the lair- thanks to everyone for the advice), but alas it's in limbo after one of the actresses decided she didn't want her name/image going out on youtube or even the internet. She works with kids and we didn't pay her, but i'm in talks to try to get her to come around.
We start on a pred only movie very soon which only has suit performers in it so i won't have this trouble again!
Alot of people have commented appreciatively on the Alien suit! That thing was made out of loads of crap we had lying around and one of those grid alien masks from ebay! I think we cut up a plastic skeleton ribcage for the torso! just shows what a bit of lighting can do for you i guess. The actor inside couldn't see anything and we had this close quarter fight in a hallway in dim lighting and i could only see out of the bio eye holes, so you can imagine how well that went. Only the camera guy got injured though when the Alien lunged too close to the lense.
After this we decided to avoid doing the alien again as there are so many parts that move or are articulated that we just couldn't do, so its Preds only from now on. The Pred suit was a real budget job (except for Ryan's awesome bio) and strangely fell apart on the last day of shooting. Very weird.
It's nice to know people are still watching these trailers though as i spent nearly a year working on it. Hopefully i can show you all the finished film one day...
Cheers
Tim

From the looks of it Tim you pulled off a great job in the suit, hopefully we'll get a chance to see the finished movie indeed

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back