AVP Feet

Dakath

I'm doing Wolf parts for a while now, and still have to make a few like the shin guards and gaunts

I started sculpting the AVP feet for my second suit, so I could work on something different.

I'll be making these with the ankle armor and dusters allready on to the feet.

Here's a picture and I'll be updating the project every few days.

avpfeet003.jpg

It's plastiline, FORM FX, that's the house brand of a real good FX shop in the Netherlands. It's a nice clay to work with, and that for about 8 USD for a kilo

here's the link of the online shop

www.formfx.eu

Dakath,
That is looking fricking sweet, are you gonna make a few casts of these and sell'em? :) I hope so, I'll have to check back regularly to see if their available. If the end product looks 1/2 as awesome as the clay, you may have more orders than your molds can make.
Excellent job!!!

Thanks guy's for the nice comments on my work.

The sculpt is almost finished, I have to smooth a few blades and some minor details but it should be finished today.

Most of us should have seen it that there are only 3 blades instead of 4. I've still did not made up my mind if I leave it with 3 or make 4 blades on it. What do you guys think?

I'm going to cast them in a one part mold, so there will be no seems to cut away. The sool of the foot will by attached with foam and a layer of latex paste over it.

And yes, because there is some demand for a set, I'll cast them for anybody that has some interest. Just drop me a pm if your interested and let you knwo when the finished "product" is available.

here are the new pics.

ScreenShot185.jpg

Your sculpts keep getting better and better everytime I see them. Amazing work. As for how many toe blades, go for whichever amount seem better to yourself. Ps dont forget the smalll toe on the inside of the preds foot :)

Thanks ;-)

About the inside toe, I have a nice story about that. I did not sculpt it on because, and believe me or not, but I have them on the feet I use for the moment and sometimes this claw gets stuck behind my other foot and it happend a few times that I almost hit the deck by this little f.......... and ...... thing.

So I tryed a design that is close to the screen used but also easy to wear, that explains also why the ankle armor and dusters are on it to.

The first cast is ready and I was a bit surprized myself of the pretty good result.

This cast was done with a thinner layer of latex because it was a "testcast" and to get the leftovers from the clay out of the mold. But even cast with a thin layer they stay nice in shape.

I also did some filling so the shape stays the same when there's a "real" foot in them. There's aslo a picture of the foam filling.

And I must say, they are realy nice to wear. In the feet I use for the moment, (Not that I want to say that who makes them is not doing a good job) something pushes on to my big toe and when I wear them for about an hour, I have a blue toenail.

Anyway, this feet feels like a sneeker when I wear it.

Here's a picture of the filling, because I wanted to inspect the cast before doing the rest of the work, I took it out first and after inspection back in the mold for attaching some foam parts.
ScreenShot190.jpg

The final cast. Like you can see there is only minor cleaning to do on the sool, the rest of the feet comes out of the molds "seemfree".
ScreenShot188.jpg

ScreenShot189.jpg

ScreenShot187.jpg

And now the other one...

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back