AVP Backpack from scratch

VinMan

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey Hunters,

I have been Jonesin' for a resin AVP backpack for my suit for sometime but with money tight I decided to bite the bullet and build it from scratch.
Here are the progress shots so far and a sort of chronological order of how the thing is coming together.

First thing I was concerned with and the biggest challenge in my opinion was getting sheet material to conform to the rounded arc of the main body of the backpack.
So I started out with a piece of large electrical conduit made from PVC, (Home Depot or Lowes)
1.jpg

I created the fin portions, heated them by boiling and wrapped them around when I liked the shape I hot glued them on
2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Next I began cutting out the flat panels out of layeres of Sintra and built them up and assembled them
8.jpg

9.jpg

12.jpg

Then I started to assemble all the pieces I had created and fitting new pieces in as needed

13.jpg

7.jpg

This is the progress to date. I hope to continue to work as much as I can until I knock it out
I'll try and post some more in the coming days.

Thanks for looking and as always observations and comments are always helpful

VinMan

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that is one of the best scratch-built backpacks I've seen in here to date! GREAT JOB, VIN! :lol:

I've been wanting to do something like this for a few years now and seeing this might just be the kick in the ass I need to finally get started on it. Thanks for sharing!

Do you have any patterns that you could post up?

Ha, the Vin man does it again!
Great looking backpack :lol:
Sure wish we had that sintra stuff in NZ, but can't seem to find anybody who knows what the hell i am talking about :lol:

I agree with Mac, please post up your patterns/templates :lol:
Excellent scratch building man

love it.

who says you need clay to make awesome props. looking forward to seeing it completed and painted up, congrats dude.

Man-o-man, Thanks for all the kudos. You guys are too kind!

I will have to tweek them a little but I will be happy to post the templates up
in my AVP template section very soon.

Carry on fellas and ladies! :lol:

VinMan

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back