AVP Alien Head Measurement Needed for Sculpt

joez2391

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys, does anybody have an accurate measurement of the size of the head used for the alien from AVP? I'm going to work on a 1/3rd or 1/2 scale sculpt of the head and see where that takes me before jumping into the body. any help would be great. thanks in advance for the sizes!

(Sorry this isnt my pic but just used to illustrate the measurement needed)

even just an approx. number of how long the full scale AVP alien head would be fine. I know the Giger measures out to be about 36" while the aliens is about 34" but i could not find the avp measurement anywhere. Any help would really be appriciated as I will be starting this project today hopefully

awesome, thanks jedichase thats exactly what i was looking for! I really appriciate the link and i cant wait to finally get started on this project now that i have an accurate scale to go by.

Ah cool, I'm building an Alien atm :thumbsup What are you using for reference material? I have a couple of pics of a head in clay I found on the net whilst searching for mine. It looks like an AVP head & it looks like a production peice but I dont know if I should post them up as I dont know who's they are but I'll email them to you if you want, I've had them on my pc for ages. Also isnt the AVP head the same as the Resurrection head?

I'll be looking out for this one :)

The AvP head IS the same head from Resurrection. The paint scheme was different however. If you guys want some GREAT ref. pick up the books AVP: The Creature Effects of ADI and the follow up book on AVP-R

Ah cool, I'm building an Alien atm What are you using for reference material? I have a couple of pics of a head in clay I found on the net whilst searching for mine. It looks like an AVP head & it looks like a production peice but I dont know if I should post them up as I dont know who's they are but I'll email them to you if you want, I've had them on my pc for ages. Also isnt the AVP head the same as the Resurrection head?

I'll be looking out for this one

I am well aware of your awesome build and have been following it very closely! I really like the route you took by carving foam instead of claying the whole thing(talk about expensive!) Mine will not stand close to your build im sure since im only building it in 1/3rd scale. the head is still a good foot long tho so its pretty big.

The AvP head IS the same head from Resurrection. The paint scheme was different however. If you guys want some GREAT ref. pick up the books AVP: The Creature Effects of ADI and the follow up book on AVP-R

Cool ill definately look into that book for sure!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back