Avengers Movie SPOILER Thread

Ah that makes sense since this isn't the main Marvel Universe but based on the Ultimates universe. There is also a version of these bad guys in the Ultimates animated movies that Marvel put out.

Ah that makes sense since this isn't the main Marvel Universe but based on the Ultimates universe. There is also a version of these bad guys in the Ultimates animated movies that Marvel put out.
I sure don't see the movies as based on the Ultimates universe - Thor and Iron Man's origins have little to do with what's happened in the Ultimate Universe. Ultimate Cap is a bit of an arse - and the movie Cap is nothing like that...

Could go on... but, the Marvel Movie U is definitely it's own thing.

I've always thought of the Marvel movies as being based more on the Ultimates Universe. Why else would they have Samuel L Jackson as Nick Fury?

I love the fact that the Hulk has so much going on in this. Finally! Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy the Norton Hulk, but all indications point to the fact that we have finally got one bad ass Hulk.

I'm pretty excited about the extreme possibility of seeing Thanos in the next film.

I've always thought of the Marvel movies as being based more on the Ultimates Universe. Why else would they have Samuel L Jackson as Nick Fury?
There are strong ties to both Marvel Universes...

Iron Man's movie origin is absolutely nothing like the Ultimate origin.

Cap's story is similar no matter which story you read - but, the U-Cap is a cocky arrogant SOB.

Movie Thor isn't a whole lot like either comic Thor. The lack of Donald Blake has ties to U-Thor - but, there's not a whole lot else that really that I feel links the two.

The Hulk storlyline started The Ultimates when Banner injected himself with the Super Soldier serum and the heroes unite to stop him. Banner was already working with SHIELD... and from what we've seen so far, Banner is already the Hulk and he's recruited by the Black Widow.

...and well, Sam Jackson is U-Nick Fury. No if's and's or but's about it. He is the most obvious and biggest tie to the Marvel Ultimate Universe.

So, yeah... I think the movie guys are picking and choosing what they want to use and making quite a bit of it up as they go. It would seem if the Chitauri are the Avengers villians that Joss and his group of merry Marvel moviemakers are taking liberally from the Ultimate Universe.

But, I think the Marvel Movie Universe is it's own very unique thing with strong ties to both Marvel comic book worlds.

All that said, I think I want to be avoid more direct spoilers... so I might not read this thread again until May 5 or 6.

I like the bracelets Tony has, hopefully we will be able to get a close up shot soon. I knew something was up when they showed the close up when he was talking to Loki.

On a side note, Powers Booth?! Wolverines!!!

I agree the movie universe seems to have borrowed from the Ultimates universe and the original universe. Then again they've butchered the universes so much you never know if this could become another comic universe itself. I still need to see Cap America, i have to laugh that Johnny Storm is also playing Captain America.

Dammit... I had to go and read a site clearly labeled spoilers (I was actually looking for spoilers for another upcoming movie).

So, remember this thread is marked spoilers.... so no spoiler hiding.

You've been warned.

Seriously.

Apparently, Coulson does die. And there is a chance he comes back as The Vision (this might the be the post-credit sequence they filmed last week).

I've read other rumors describing a completely different post-credit sequence, involving Thanos. Maybe they're filming multiple post-credit scenes, like they did with Wolverine: Origins?

Or maybe these rumors are all bull####.

I've read other rumors describing a completely different post-credit sequence, involving Thanos. Maybe they're filming multiple post-credit scenes, like they did with Wolverine: Origins?

Or maybe these rumors are all bull####.
The Thanos bit was also mentioned as a possibility along with the Vision bit.

Either way, Coulson apparently doesn't make it out of Avengers alive... well, at least human-alive.

Since the entire thread is spoiler tagged I guess I'll jump in with my thoughts as well.

I'm not buying the reviving Coulson as Vision rumor out there, just sounds so cheesy and I can't see Marvel Studios pulling the trigger on that direction. I'm also not buying the speculation that Fury faked his death along with the blood on card trick to get the team motivated as that doesn't pan out logically on a couple different fronts. Plus any chance of 'reviving' Coulson in any shape or form just blatantly ruins the drama impact his death had on the characters in the film. For those who want to see Coulson alive, just keep watching Ultimate Spiderman on Sundays instead, I'm about 99% sure he stays dead in the movies.

As for the extra RDJ shooting after the world premiere last Wednesday, I think that's going to be IM3 related only. That's the next movie due and any significant role Thanos will have in the MCU will only happen several years down the road in Avengers 2 probably. That's probably why Fiege and the studio decided to shoot another scene, because that teaser doesn't really create enough buzz for their upcoming slate in 2013 and 2014. Maybe Thor and Cap have a role in that scene as some people have guessed, but I think that's huge stretch for either one to be featured in the scene as the other characters will require a separate scene.

Or RDJ was just playing a huge prank on all of us with that comment, haha.

Last edited:
And who exactly is Vision? I'm only vaguely familiar with him. Wasn't he some sort of android that could control energy and time travel...? Or something?

Nah. Son of Coul will live. Fury pisses everyone off from what I've read and Shield builds weapons just like Red Skull did that use the power of the cube. It would not be out of the relm of possibility for him to use Coulson as a method to get the Avengers to work together.

I hope I am right. Vision does not really make sense for Coulson.

The avengers what did you think?

just went to the cinema and this movie is the best i have ever seen! cgi is perfect and story is great! each caracter got enough screen time !

i will not tell anything about the movie till it's out every were:)

going again tonight and saturday :p so it's a hit to how good this movie realy is

Re: The avengers what did you think?

nope they w8 till it's out world wide they did show the version everybody knows they showed prometheus and spiderman also ( spiderman looks okey in 3d swinging through the street :p )

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back