Avengers Loki - 9/11 FULL ARMOR COMPLETE!

SITHcamaro

9/11 Update

I'll just bypass most of the talk, since most of you want to see results. Note that I still need to finish the base for the long staff. Just glad that I got everything else finished in time for Dragoncon.
Plus I've still got some jumpy shoulder plates, but my first wearing was literally my test run at having everything on all at once.

548154_10151225199100619_386171804_n.jpg

548130_10151225199390619_2046641496_n.jpg

601381_515085908505466_588341269_n.jpg

And because Bryan takes such lovely images, I may as well add these shots of the costumes as you are already well familiar with. :)

253034_515614075119316_1868658087_n.jpg

310410_515093521838038_210614966_n.jpg

One of my most time consuming projects to date is nearly about to come to a close. Well, sort of.
After only 1 month of solid work on Loki's full armor from Thor, it was a walk in the park in comparison. I am guessing this one took about twice as long, not from difficulty, but from prep work on all of the pieces. The sculpting and casting of armored parts were simple, the but casting and prepping of over 200 small rectangular plates, hand etching leather and thiny metal pieces were the real time killers.
Now that I am mere days away from finishing his base/battle look, I can share with you all of the hard work!

I've just a few more pieces to do & it should be finished by the weekend. Then I play the waiting game. I need good reference pictures for the spear as well as his helmet and cape/shoulders before I can do the full armored look. I hoped to have that ready for the movie opening, but probably won't be able to happen until after then.

Forgot to add that I had resculpted the belt armor going down the chest. Once I had the actual clothing itself completed, I started noticing that the one I originally made was a bit narrow. I feel it's quite perfect now.
tumblr_m56fatcoIO1r2ghuco1_r1_500.jpg

527418_10150833660480619_590560618_12099058_51332822_n.jpg

tumblr_m2mfiwD0eq1r2ghuco1_500.jpg

5/1 UPDATE

Thus begins the new helmet sculpt!
545761_10150868866030619_590560618_12187892_1974375898_n.jpg

5/8 UPDATE

As more viewings have been taken in, and tiny bits of new reference have come in, I have also finally began my scepter. The idea will be a 2 part piece where the stubby base can be removed to swap in the longer base for the full king costume.
Haven't done much else with the helmet, but will do a little more here & there as I've gotten a little more reference for that just today. Figure I would get more out of a scepter to go with my current outfit, rather than rush for the helmet when I haven't even got the upper arms & shoulders ready for the king look.
547202_10151002676330619_590560618_12388637_271643436_n.jpg

7/11 UPDATE

The helmet is more or less complete. The horns are still partial bondo monsters, but they still need additional recurving. So it will be back to some more bondo before they finally make their way into silicone. I'm happy I finally have something in hand though, after the sculpting and the month away from this part of the project.
Now once this has been ironed out, I can finally tackle the remaining armor and cape!
563416_10151102615725619_596159474_n.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Massive Loki Avengers costume build

It's about time you got back on here and posted with this! Fantastic work!:thumbsup

Very nice! I am about to start building this for my husband--would you mind if I asked a few questions about how you built yours?

I finally have added sleeves. Lots of crazy overlapping going on. While making the leather portions, I felt like I was working on a Vader bodysuit.

tumblr_m1xi37cQWH1r2ghuco1_500.jpg

All of the green lining is what is taking the longest on this project, which souldn't even be an issue. When I dyed the fabric it not only shrank, but it also got way too thick. So being that it was a 2 ply wool, I started unstitching the layers apart. Suffice to say that it's taking me about 3-4 days just to get the final panels finished for the front of my robe.

tumblr_m1ylg3xKDN1r2ghuco1_500.jpg

Last edited:

could I trouble you to possible snap a nother pic of the tricept area (black leather).. I'm totally lost around there with the different angles. Top Notch work, as always!

Wow, that IS impressive.

And just like that...I am not thrilled with my build.

Thanks Satxer. :) I'm just glad that there is so much to go by at the moment, so I can get all of this done properly the first time around. Although I do want to re-do the shoulder armor. Now that I have the rest of the outfit completed, I have a better idea of how it should be sized. Fortunately that will only add a day or two in changes.

I now have both sleeves and all the funky trims added to it. Still working the lining on the front panels. It's been about 4 days or hand killing unstitching, but I'm certain that I will have large enough pieces tonight to start adding those final 2 pieces to the robe!
tumblr_m20oo62ZF71r2ghuco1_500.jpg

Also, here is the full back picture that was requested.

Ah, you're awesome! Thank you. That's massive help :thumbsup

edit-I wasn't quite sure if he had that sort of dark gray material on the upper inner portion of the arm that's connected to the back of elbow section. I swear I saw some of that on the inner parts of the legs too. Then again, could be the limited angles from the few set shots we have and I could be completely mistaken. I know the pants have some crazy stitching detail too. Part of my love/hate appeal with this costume.. love all the crazy details.. but they're enough to drive you a little crazy.

You're almost finished! :0) Can't wait to see it completed.

Last edited:

Where did you find that material with the triangles? I keep hitting dead ends, and I may just try something that "looks decent".

That material, that's the leather I had to hand etch. I originally cast the stuff in rubber, then I took it a step further and went to leather. However the guy with the laser engraver couldn't figure how to burn it to the leather without it shriveling up. So rather than wait longer, I took matters into my own hands and did it section by section. Over and over.
Pleased to say that I am not finished with tearing up wool linings! I am on the final piece, the boots.

Speaking of boots, I normally re-work shoes & add shafts to them and alter the toe area. This time around I am planning to make the entire boot from the ground up.
I started a sculpt for the sole a while ago, but haven't had an opportunity to get back to it. Initially I will just have my Maul motorcycle boots on, with the shaft area covered by his funky spats. Eventually I will get back to these soles when I've more time. When finished, the treads underneath will read "SITHCAMARO". The idea being that if I leave footprints, you'll be able to read it on the ground. :lol

tumblr_lyxzlzfTd11r2ghuco1_500.jpg

Thanks Satxer.
tumblr_m20oo62ZF71r2ghuco1_500.jpg

Also, here is the full back picture that was requested.

:eek hey!!! that looks awesome!!! i think u look better then the actor! :thumbsup you should have been Loki....... actually i think a Female Loki would have been better..... YES :lol

Here is tonight's update. This is the first time I've worn all of my parts together!
Just a couple more things to add & it's done.
tumblr_m230odHUwm1r2ghuco1_500.jpg

Very nice. I've started one and am enjoying the process. I am particularly impressed with the detail work on your paldrons and vambraces.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back