Avengers Family

bzaitz

(This is a copy / update of my thread in the Costume and Cosplay Showcase for the Costume Contest)

Every year our family chooses a movie to base our Halloween costumes on.
This year we chose The Avengers.
We discovered RPF and have used it extensively as we created Iron Man, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Captain America and Thor.
My wife is going as Pepper Potts.
Iron Man' s helmet was made with pepekura/bondo following boochieboy814 extensive instructions.
The armor is made using foam following many sources, mainly darkside and jfcustom.
Captain America's helmet and shield are foam along with Thor's shield.
Thanks for all the help!
The remaining material based were costume parts were done by my amazing wife using various patterns by her own design.
We started on Labor Day weekend and finished the weekend before Halloween.
We haven't counted the hours or money spent yet. It's just a great tradition for our family.

We went downtown to take pictures and video and encountered some persistent Avengers Fans.
Needless to say we spent more time taking pictures with our friends than by ourselves.
Here is the video:
Avengers Family Costume - YouTube

The Avengers:

avengers-family-img_1152.jpg-247121d1382895942

The RPF Costume Contest 2013

IMG_1201.JPG

Action Shots:

small.jpg

Process images:

IMG_0775.JPGIMG_0834.JPGIMG_0841.JPGIMG_0842.JPGIMG_0844.JPGIMG_0848.JPGIMG_0858.JPGIMG_0860.JPGIMG_0868.JPGIMG_1044.jpgIMG_1045.jpgIMG_1051.jpg

Here are our past costumes.

Incredibles.jpgIndiana Jones.jpgLord of the Ring.jpgNapoleon.jpgNightmare.jpgStarWars.jpgTangled.jpg

Attachments

• DSC01997.JPG
    DSC01997.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 147
  • IMG_0840.JPG
    IMG_0840.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 120
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back