Avengers Compression Wear Dye Sublimation showcase and assistance.

Discussion in 'Marvel Costumes and Props' started by Timey Wimey, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Timey Wimey

Timey Wimey Active Member

As ever this will start off as for almost solely assistance but I have created some images that I can showcase.
    I wanted a new thread so I could show and ask questions without the clutter of multiple posts.
    I have made Multiple repeats to make more patterns that I have saved via Spoonflower and plan to use them but so far I have Armless versions of Cap's Tony's and Quicksilvers. I will not use the Quicksilver's for anything but my own purposes due to another members better job at it.
    All Low Res.jpg A better Idea of the repeats can be seen on my Spoonflower:http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/theoncomingstorm?sub_action=designs
    Any ideas if these Sleeves would work and How to line them up? Screen Shot 2015-08-21 at 6.33.55 pm.png Screen Shot 2015-08-21 at 6.34.14 pm.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  2. Timey Wimey

Re: Scratch Pattern Making of Compression Shirts and Spider-Man files.

I'm thinking about selling these once the arms are done and they've been resized and have more of a seem allowance. Does anyone have any input? Distorted Sleeveless Work.png Feel free to ask for more detail or give requests.
    (I forgot to add this: Hulk.png )

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  3. SpideyMTL

SpideyMTL Member

Are you looking to do the same style of Under Armor ?

4. Timey Wimey

Scratch Pattern Making of Compression Shirts and Spider-Man files.

They're dye sublimation versions of the Age of Ultron Under Armour Series, yes.

5. SpideyMTL

SpideyMTL Member

Good luck !

I know the Spidey one that UA makes took them about 3 months to finish and have the lines match up.

I know the designer and he almost ripped his hair out.

Cant wait to see progress pics!

6. Warmachine2000

Warmachine2000 Active Member

you gonna make the shirt from iron man 3 as well?

7. Timey Wimey

I wanted to. I might try it for fun. I might not because I was already aware of a Falke pattern before it occurred to me to make it.

8. Timey Wimey

I've cut up an XL Raglan Rash Guard, Long Sleeve which I'll modify to use for a sellable pattern. It should make getting the overall size, sleeve pattern and ribbing positioning much more consumable. I've also collected some reference shots of the Falke Compression Shirt. I'm planning on working on all of this whenever I can.

9. Warmachine2000

Warmachine2000 Active Member

Awesome

10. Timey Wimey

Everything's perfect except for one thing. I forgot to put the extra effort into making a seam allowance and I'm not too sure how. This is what I've made: Untitled-4.png but is there a way to fix it without starting from scratch or is there a person I can trust to give the whole file to check if it's consumer ready? Would it be impolite to sell these without the Seam Allowance?

I just realized I need to update the color.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  11. Timey Wimey

This any good? Untitled-2.png

12. Timey Wimey

I'm remaking the Quicksilver shirt and to immediately print. Does Anyone Know how to implement the thumb hole and glove part with the curving seam? I'm at a loss.

13. superher0g33k

superher0g33k Active Member

So is this thread dead, because I think it should be revived. This is really cool!

14. Timey Wimey

It's been both very alive and very dead. I did a lot of revisions and T-Shirt patterns but I haven't updated the thread. I was doing some work with another member. It wasn't until after I stopped updating this that I actually understood how to make & read sewing patterns.

15. Domonator

Domonator Active Member

It eould be awesome if you can make them because it is hard to get a hold of these shirts anywhere.