Avengers Black Widow - Pics & Upgrade Plans!

aeryn

Widow has been debuted and worn to various events, and you can check out pics below (post #22) as well as my plans for upgrading the outfit. Fabric has been chosen and ordered for the new suit, i've chosen a new belt and i've begun research and schematics for her taser gauntlet. I'll be posting progress on the gauntlet here.

---Original Post---
So, with timing and other things, I've decided to put Sif on hold for right now and work on a Black Widow costume for Avengers and a con just a couple weeks before the premiere. Sif will still happen, but it's about 3x the work with her armor and I've got a lot on my plate already before April and Widow is better timed.

That said, I have ordered a wig, but it is more Iron-man length than Avengers length. But it's GORGEOUS. It will doubles as my Codex wig, too (i just dyed my hair from auburn to dark brown, hence the wig).

I've also figured out she carries 2 Glock 26s which i can find for about $10-12 ea with shipping (airsoft variety and cast in metal, even!). What is proving to be a bit harder are the leg holsters. Anyone know a source of cheap leg holsters? I have a friend with a vac-form machine, so i might be able to make the actual gun-holding-part out of that, but I can't find a glock holster for less than $35 ea. :unsure

For her wrists, i plan on casting each of the casing-type things and adhering them to elastic or something similar. Her SHIELD patches i'll also cast so i can get them thin enough and out of silcone/rubber to attach to the arms. Widow buckle i'll make out of magic sculpt, but the utility belt i haven't figured out yet.

The body suit i actually plan on finishing first as i want it to double for my Katniss costume for Hunger Games premiere. I LOVE her Iron Man boots but HATE the wedges she wears in a lot of the Avengers filming stills. blah. She wears flats that are similar, so I'll be trying to find/modify boots for those.

Last edited:
Re: Avengers Black Widow

I believe the Holsters are BlackHawk Serpa holsters but the actual leg harness was custom made for the film by Studio Art and technology.

Thanks for the holster ideas! I just got my wig yesterday - i'll post a pic when my face isn't so derpy from being awake at a con all weekend. :p

My wife wants to dress up as Black Widow to go along with my Iron Man costume for the midnight release of the film :D

What are you planning on doing for the jumpsuit? My fiance is wanting to go as Black Widow for StarFest in April, and for the Avengers midnight showing, but our best idea was to use a wetsuit. Any other ideas for it aside from that?

What are you planning on doing for the jumpsuit? My fiance is wanting to go as Black Widow for StarFest in April, and for the Avengers midnight showing, but our best idea was to use a wetsuit. Any other ideas for it aside from that?

I plan on making mine, as I do with most things. Bodysuits are easy - i've made half a dozen at this point. Otherwise you can get bodysuits all over on ebay.

Where are you going to the showing? I plan on wearing my Widow to Starfest as well (with my BF as Thor).

I plan on making mine, as I do with most things. Bodysuits are easy - i've made half a dozen at this point. Otherwise you can get bodysuits all over on ebay.

Where are you going to the showing? I plan on wearing my Widow to Starfest as well (with my BF as Thor).

I'll likely end up buying a jumpsuit off of ebay, and just make the rest of the costume myself. I don't know if I'll have time to make the bodysuit and finish my costume (I'm going as Thor, too) before StarFest.

Aside from my costume and my fiance's, I'm also helping a few friends with a Captain America, Hawkeye, & Loki costume, so I've got my plate filled for the next couple months. We'll hopefully have someone going as Iron Man and the Hulk with us, too.

As for where I'll be going to the showing, it'll likely be at the AMC in Highlands Ranch. The whole gang will be there, too.

woo! dual avengers groups! I'm making my widow (should be pretty easy) helping my BF with his thor and then /hopefully/ finishing an avengers loki (which will be awesomely insane) for then. my friend anthony has an iron man, but i'm not aware of any other avengers. not sure where we'll do the screening, but i live in the springs, so likely here.

Haha it should be epic at StarFest then. I am very much looking forward to finishing Loki's costume. Definitely one of the coolest Avengers costumes.

Anyways, could you post some pics of your Widow costume as it comes together, so I can get some ideas from it? And I'll post a link as soon as I start a thread on my costume builds, too.

Good luck to you on your costumes. Can't wait to see my competition at StarFest...haha.

no prob! that's what this thread is for. i'm going to draft my bodysuit pattern next week and maybe sculpt the shield logos. might be able to make a couple extras if you need them for your girl's costume. :)

does anyone have good screen caps of the back of black widow? i have one, which reveals there is no back seam, so i am trying to figure out how the seam works for the legs. :)

Woo Starfest!

Was thinking of entering Widow in the costume contest with my BF's Thor, my friend's Loki and any other Avengers we can scrounge up. Might still do that, but it will be a little trickier since we don't have Loki anymore (various reasons), but do have a Bruce Banner (but no Hulk). Anyway, Avengers WILL be seen saturday, whether it's a group competition or not. :)

Also, I was hoping to have the bodysuit done this weekend, but due to the fact that the company I ordered fabric through hasn't responded to my questions or anything, that didn't happen. Was going to use it for my Katniss (Hunger Games) costume, but I've made alternate plans for that. I found a SUPER high-res pic of Widow and discovered that her suit actually has a mesh-like overlay - like the athletic jersey mesh. Found some from a company called SportTek but they are being slow. I hope they actually send my fabric....

To bad the fabric companies are being difficult. And could you link that picture you're talking about? All the pictures I've seen make it look like a wet suit. I'd like to know what this mesh overlay looks like.

Also, how did your S.H.I.E.L.D. logos for the arms come out?

http://scifipop.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/the-avengers-black-widwo.jpg

oh, i know what you mean about the wetsuit - i was considering a thin neoprin for my fabric, but saw this and decided to do 2 layers of fabric - one solid, one mesh. I need to get some knit, too, for the bound seams on her knees/chest/etc. might have some in my stash....

and haven't had a chance to work on the shield stuff, yet. next week - this week i'll be making a Katniss Girl-on-fire cloak and fixing my boots. I got these boots:

img-thing

i'll be dying them black as i couldn't find black in my size anywhere! I'll also be sculpting the wrist cuffs next week so i can start casting them.

Very cool. I definitely never noticed any mesh pattern previously. I'll have to reconsider what fabric to use now.

If the offer is still up for you to make a couple extras of the S.H.I.E.L.D. logos when you cast them, let me know how much for them. I may try sculpting & casting them myself...but that's only if I have the time.

Finally got my fabric. verdict? meh. the mesh/perforations are too big - it's very much like basketball jersey fabric, only spandex. i'll be hunting down their phone number and calling them tomorrow to ***** at them about not responding to questions via their contact form and asking about either getting a refund (including the exorbitant shipping) and/or getting GOOD fabric since they won't/wouldn't send me any information about swatches or their other meshes.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back