Avengers Black Widow 1/1 scale

streetjudge79

Master Member
This was sculpted by Ely (Vashdstampede) Jeff did a breathtaking job on Reelprops' Ironman 2 Black Widow, but here is my version. I decided to go with the Avengers look. Hope you guys like it.
I decided to hand paint her eyes on this one.

file-1256.jpg

file-1626.jpg

file-2166.jpg

file-1979.jpg

file-1656.jpg

file-1038.jpg

file-740.jpg

file-1493.jpg

Last edited:
This bust would look much better if it didn't have that odd narrow cut to the base. My Blade bust had the same thing, and I ended up sectioning in a set of shoulders and lower torso making it more of a "V" cut.

This bust would look much better if it didn't have that odd narrow cut to the base. My Blade bust had the same thing, and I ended up sectioning in a set of shoulders and lower torso making it more of a "V" cut.

That was actually done on purpose. When I commissioned the bust, I did it with the intentions of mounting it to a mannequin. The way it's sculpted, it fits nicely. This piece was never intended for others to acquire. However, being that Steve paints most of my busts he got one. :)

Reel

Looks AMAZING Steve!

If I were to make one teeny tiny suggestion (not that you're about to change the paint up, but for future reference I guess), since I know you're receptive to constructive critique:

I realize that you painted her eyes from what you 'thought' you were seeing from the various reference photos I'm sure you sourced, but in terms of the lower lashes- I'd have loved to see them come up a bit higher and run along the outside of the lower lid more, and fade at the inner edges...perhaps using pastels and sealing them as opposed to paint?

As a girl, I just know that I apply my make up closer to the lid line. There's a little too much 'flesh' showing between the painted on lash line and the actual....do you see what I mean? What you've shown IS an actual make up technique (the most exaggerated use of this is seen in anime/cosplay and has been done for decades by Cassandra Peterson in her Elvira character.....mmmm.....to make her eyes appear larger than they are)...but I just don't see that happening with Scarlett's make up in Avengers.

Just a .02 cents, so take it for what it's worth. I still think it's a damn fine paint up and I still own four magnificent life sized busts, all painted by you, so you knows I love ya!! :$

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back