Avengers ARC Quest Bracelet

RickGreerUK

Hi Guys,

*Spoiler Alert regarding Avengers*

I loved the new MK VII delivery and the minute I saw Tony's new bracelet that someone on here would be making them.

They are an official product, here http://colantotte.com/products/

It looks pretty cool, not sure if it lights up the same as the one in the movie did. I definitely want one, but as I'm not sold on the whole magnet thing (sounds a lot like healing crystals to me) a cheaper replica prop one might be better than forking out £150!

So which one of you genius prop makers is going to step up :-D
arcquest.jpg

I'm also really hoping some genius on here can make the bracelet! Wicked item, be really awesome if they can make one that will light up!

I wanted to bring this one back up a little bit because I'm definitely going to be adding these to my Tony Stark costume, even though I won't make it in time for DragonCon on the bracelets.

From the picture at Thinkgeek you can clearly tell that the inner sections of the three pieces are set below the surface, but clear resin comes up to create a smooth flush surface across the whole piece.

eecd_avengers_ironman_neo_legend_power_band_wearing.jpg

Fake carbon fiber designs are pretty easy to get thanks to car interior kits. Doing real carbon fiber is impractical and not all that safe. When carbon fiber breaks its a hazmat issue, not worth doing for a prop at all. I would just want to make sure I found something that held up to getting resined over, I've never tried that with something like a vinyl graphic before.

I would probably make the flat bracelet section out of a solid piece of metal that was cut/engraved to be the right shape, and then bend it to fit my wrist. This would ensure a good fit and it wouldn't be out of a material that would break easily. I wouldn't want to cast a hard bracelet piece that thin out of a mold. The other three pieces that attach to it I would mock up and make molds of for sure though.

What do you guys think? Any input or progress on these?

Ugh.

I'm really opposed to these bracelets on principal ("magnetic therapy" is a scam, TBH) but that thing has a great piece of design.

Ugh.

I'm really opposed to these bracelets on principal ("magnetic therapy" is a scam, TBH) but that thing has a great piece of design.

I agree completely, which is why I wouldn't dare support them by paying that absurd sum of money.

I just want to replicate the design without the magnetic nonsense.

Ugh.

Personally I disagree. It helped my mom with her back problems and even helped me with some minor issues too. But to each their own. Hopefully I'll be able to get one of these eventually. For display purposes though, not to wear. I just don't have that kind of cash right now.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back