Available Malcolm Reynolds Pistols

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

sillysibling4

Hey all,

I've been looking to get a new Malcolm Reynolds pistol. The most recent thread I could find revolved mostly around the 47/47a, the SidKit, the Phil or phillipe's, the Wilco, and the officially licenced QMX, but that was around 2014 at the latest. So I was hoping to find a more up to date selection, I've seen the resin model offered by Alchemy Arms and a few lower quality 3d printed ones. I was hoping to find one that's metal and/or working action, or at least a review of the Alchemy Arms prop. Any thoughts?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

sillysibling4

This looks like it'll be so much better than what I was expecting to find. Also this thread is the very first thing I've done here on the RPF, and I got a fantastic answer within an hour of posting. great first impression, thank you so much!

JamesPurcell

Jr Member

Kokanee

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Cool, got any pics of your mod then? Always interested in another way to skin a cat.

Great_Bizarro

Sr Member
3D printed using ABS and acetone vapor smoothed. Painted it mattblack then rubbed with graphite to give a bluing like finish.
mals pistol.jpg

EasternBloc

Jr Member
I'm on the hunt for an all metal Mal myself. I recently started crafting a Jayne Cobb Boo using a Pietta LeMat and it's just begging for a companion. Relatively easy modding to Booify a LeMat; turning a Taurus 85 into a Moses Brothers Self-Defense Engine Frontier Model B is a bit beyond my current skill-set.

Great_Bizarro

Sr Member
Thanks, I took a stl for a mounting plate and added the perforated piece to it for the stand then hit with gold rub n buff