Automag Pistol Mack Bolan

Sandman5

001.JPG003.JPG004.JPG005.JPG008.JPG001.JPGSeries 1 002.JPGSeries 1 003.JPGSeries 1 007.JPGDid a quick repaint on a Tokyo Marui spring bb gun to make it look like Mack Bolan's the Executioners 44 AutoMag pistol. Purchased the airgun off of Ebay. It comes in black. I primered it a couple of times with Tamiya surface primer-grey. I then used Testors silver gloss metallic. The upper slide and barrel then received a coat of glosscoat, the lower frame a coat of dullcoat. The grips were a flat black. I used model master spray cans for the entire project. Pretty quick and easy. The brochure next to it I bought off of Gunbroker.com. It was fun, quick and easy to do. These firearms are no longer made and go for at least $3500.00 if you can find one. A new company has bought all of the rights to this firearm and may be bringing them back to production soon. I will try to attach the link. Thanks for looking.

Updated 12/31/16. Added three more pictures with different lighting. Bought a pair of AMT type wood grips off of Ebay. Had a couple of Beretta 92 black torx head grips screws that I used. The grips do not fit this plastic toy gun, I just laid them on top just for asthetics. I also repainted the upper portion of the firearm, the barrel and slide with Testors Model Masters AMC Metallic silver 3D paint. Gives it more shine, like the original AutoMags. I ordered another gun and plan on showing that one in all black with wood grips, and finally I will do a two tone version in a few weeks. When I'm done, I may grind off the screw/grip posts on the weapons frame for a tighter fit on the wooden grips, even by doing that the grips will not be a perfect match. I'm basically modeling some pictures that the AutoMag Company shows on its website as SolidWorks renderings of their anticipated final product.

Final update 1/29/17: Did a two-tone version, barrel and slide painted with Testor's Model Master chrome spray paint, one coat. Bruce Stark has a nice book detailing the history of the AutoMag, great reference to have if you are an enthusiast.

1-13-18 Found an old LS 1:1 Japanese Auto Mag plastic model kit from the early 1980's, they came in all silver or black. This one was in black. Came with the off white grips, I have placed the real wood AMT grips on the frame for comparison. They fit excellent. Here are the kit photos with enclosed instructions. Finished project will come in a few weeks with more photos. I have Don Pendleton's first 38 Executioner books and have only read the first 7 or 8. The Automag first appears in "The California Hit" dated 1972, only about a page in the novel talks about it. Author Don Pendleton penned the first 38 books in the series, after that other writers came on board. I hope some day AMC or FX picks up and creates a series on the original books from the 1970's. The New Auto Mag Company expects to ship their new pistols in January of 2018.

Finished the LS Japanese kit and will be posting pics in a few minutes (search Automag Pistol Build Mack Bolan Part 2). Used Testor's Model Master semi-gloss black and Testor's chrome on the slide bolt. It was a frustrating kit at times due to the small parts, such as pins and springs. Frankly, I skipped a few steps and almost threw the kit in the trash out of frustration. I think it looks cool and will be only used for static display. I would not recommend trying to handle and cycle the action a whole lot as it is quite fragile. I applaud the people that created the plans and molds for this model as it is just like the real thing and you have to approach it just like a handgun armorer would, but just in plastic, not metal. Enjoy!

/Home

http://www.maynardarmsco.net/products.shtml#brucebook2

Attachments

• Tokyou Marui Automag.jpg
    Tokyou Marui Automag.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 248
  • Automag 001.JPG
    Automag 001.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 213
  • Automag 002.JPG
    Automag 002.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 426
  • Executioner Book Cover.jpg
    Executioner Book Cover.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 198
  • LS Japan 002.JPG
    LS Japan 002.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 276
  • LS Japan 003.JPG
    LS Japan 003.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 206
  • LS Japan 004.JPG
    LS Japan 004.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 677
  • LS Japan 005.JPG
    LS Japan 005.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 168
  • LS Japan 006.JPG
    LS Japan 006.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 163
  • LS Japan 007.JPG
    LS Japan 007.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 136
  • LS Japan 008.JPG
    LS Japan 008.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 140
  • LS Japan 009.JPG
    LS Japan 009.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 125
  • LS Japan 010.JPG
    LS Japan 010.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 115
  • LS Japan 011.JPG
    LS Japan 011.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 194
Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back