ATTN: Costumers & droids in DFW area (Abilene, TX)

PropReplicator

Sr Member
Gone but not forgotten.
UPDATE: 2/6/06: Again, we're in the gate ready to go and just waiting for Sony Online to give us the "o.k." sign. Looks like they've had some snags with the new product they were wanting to roll out.

This will still happen, but we're completely in the dark now about when. I'll go ahead and put this on hold in the top post and title. I'm sorry I can't give you more news, guys. :(

UPDATE 12/20/05: Looks like this thing is still a go. It has now been moved tentatively to mid-February, however. We are waiting to hear back from Sony regarding a few things.

Thanks,
Wayne

Hey, everyone. I work in a career development office at a university in Abilene, TX, and we are entering into a new intership relationship with Sony Online (Star Wars Galaxies, anyone?). We are going to promote this new intership opportunity here on our campus in January, and I thought it would be great to have some professional-looking Star Wars costumers and droids there for the promotion. (Possibly some other characters, as well, but for now just Star Wars.)

Please post here with a picture of your costume/droid and I will contact you soon. I am still working out the details and am just putting together a list of people to contact right now.

Thanks so much,
Wayne

Hey Wayne. :)

Since this is coming up relatively quickly, I think I'll stick this at the top of the forum for a few days...

Good Luck with the program.

Lonnie

I'm in OK, but I'm game for driving down, I have friends to shack up with. When will ya need me??

untitled.jpg

Thanks, Lonnie.

And thanks, LOBH. I'm still working out the details (mainly the date). It will most likely be in the afternoon on a weekday in late January. If someone needs to crash the night before or after, we could provide some room in the floor at our house. So you have friends in Abilene?

Thanks.
Wayne

I have friends in, Dallas, Mckinney, Denton, and Wautaga...are any close? or if needed, your place the night before. I just wouldn't want to intrude.

Hey, Wayne, if I can work it into the schedule, I can troop on over there for you. :)

THanks, everyone. Still ironing out some details. Will get back with everyone soon.

And yes, we have some floors you could crash on if need be. :) Just a warning, though. We have four boys (ages 1, 2, 4 and 10), and it can get kind of...loud at my house. :)

Wayne

If it's in late January I might be able to attend, I live in Dallas. I'm currently without beard, but I could probably grow it back in time it I work my schedule right at work.

I could go as either old Ben, or EP3 Obi-Wan.
[image]http://www.wackychimp.com/uploads/SDCC05_002.jpg[/image],
[image]http://www.wackychimp.com/uploads/RPFoldben_1.jpg[/image]

Still waiting on finalixation of the details. We've just finished up finals week, so hopefully we can start planning this event this week so I can get more info to you guys.

Part of the issue is that we are waiting on the o.k. from Sony Online to talk about some top secret things. :)

Wayne

I live in Grapevine, but my in-laws live in Brownwood. I could drive over to Abilene in under an hour.

clonesinakitchen.jpg

I am the big one. Keep me posted.

John

Not yet. We're in between semesters, so a lot of us (mysefl included) are on vacation. When I get back next week, I'll check on it. The big hold up right now is Sony Online, not us. As soon as we hear from them, we'll plan it all ot. Sorry.

Wayne

Again, we're in the gate ready to go and just waiting for Sony Online to give us the "o.k." sign. Looks like they've had some snags with the new product they were wanting to roll out.

This will still happen, but we're completely in the dark now about when. I'll go ahead and put this on hold in the top post and title. I'm sorry I can't give you more news, guys. :(

Wayne

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back