Attention San Diego Con Costumers

Zendragon

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Mods, please stick. Thanks.

Hey everybody,

I am working on a couple of projects and need some costumers.

First. If you are going to San Diego Comic con and have high quality costumes for the following themes:

LOTR
Marvel
Aliens
Predator
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Van Helsing
Hellboy
Terminator

If you do, please contact me at zendrag0n@hotmail.com I will need a link to photos of your costumes. Basically, we are looking for people to make appearances at a booth during SDCC for as little as an hour to a few. The company will be exchanging credit with their company for your time.

Second:

I am also looking for quality SF Bay Area Superheros, all types (DC, Marvel, etc...), to make appearances at events in June and August/Sept.

Thanks for your time and interest.

Zen

usually for the bigger cons folks in costume that are making "appearances" at booths usually get their admission paid... especially if its the comic book companies that are looking for the booth help...

dave

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zendragon @ May 12 2006, 05:17 PM) [snapback]1243181[/snapback]</div>
Mods, please stick. Thanks.

Hey everybody,

I am working on a couple of projects and need some costumers.

First. If you are going to San Diego Comic con and have high quality costumes for the following themes:

LOTR
Marvel
Aliens
Predator
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Van Helsing
Hellboy
Terminator

If you do, please contact me at zendrag0n@hotmail.com I will need a link to photos of your costumes. Basically, we are looking for people to make appearances at a booth during SDCC for as little as an hour to a few. The company will be exchanging credit with their company for your time.

Second:

I am also looking for quality SF Bay Area Superheros, all types (DC, Marvel, etc...), to make appearances at events in June and August/Sept.

Thanks for your time and interest.

Zen
[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nwjedidave @ May 12 2006, 06:34 PM) [snapback]1243227[/snapback]</div>
usually for the bigger cons folks in costume that are making "appearances" at booths usually get their admission paid... especially if its the comic book companies that are looking for the booth help...

dave
[/b]

I think that was one of the original plans, but in this case, most people that will be there are going regardless of working at a booth or not. I guess the logistics of dealing with the badge deal was more of a problem for this time around.

This should be a pretty good place for people to get some focussed attention on their costumes too, which is a big deal for those who have spent their time and money putting their costumes together.

Man. I wish I'd have known this sooner. Here I've been working on Star Wars costumes and a couple of the ones you listed are genres that I want to make costumes for. I would love to do it but I'm stuck with Star Wars costumes unless something changes. I'll update my involvement if I happen to get a different costume.

Josh

well, if people are interested and commited, badges can always be sent out easy. Just walking around gets attention when im in costume.

I have to agree...usually booths and company will provide SWAG to costumed people that build attention to their areas. Perhaps if you tell these companies to provide a "goody" bag it might attract more high end costumes.

<div class='quotetop'>(takevin @ May 16 2006, 02:10 PM) [snapback]1245093[/snapback]</div>
well, if people are interested and commited, badges can always be sent out easy. Just walking around gets attention when im in costume.
[/b]

Well like I said, they for whatever reason aren't doing the badges, so no point on saying what they should do. What they are planning to offer is credit for your time.

The way I see it, if you are already there, want some potential media coverage, chance for some nice photos ops, an easy way for people to come to you without security telling you to move all the time, what will no doubt be fun and have a chance to pick up some swag, then it is worth an hour or two of my time.

So those who are already going to SDCC and have interest, please let me know. Thanks.

Still looking for Bay Area interest for a June 24th event in Sacramento and the California State Fair... Super Heroes are the primary interest for that event. Parking, entrance to the event, lunch and swag will all be provided for your time. Thanks

I'll be wearing my Colonial Marine costume again this year, or are you looking for the actual "alien" costume?

I don't have any better pictures uploaded at the moment, but I'm on the right, I HOPEFULLY will have my shoulder lamp finished by then.
2040_p15442.jpg

Jeff

I have never been to the Comic Con. I really want to go and wear a costume, but do people just walk around like its Halloween or do you just wear your costumes for the contest???

<div class='quotetop'>(Utinni @ May 18 2006, 05:36 PM) [snapback]1246305[/snapback]</div>
I'll be wearing my Colonial Marine costume again this year, or are you looking for the actual "alien" costume?

I don't have any better pictures uploaded at the moment, but I'm on the right, I HOPEFULLY will have my shoulder lamp finished by then.
2040_p15442.jpg

Jeff
[/b]

Actually both... I know that there are some Marines who will be involved, but if you send me your info, I can foward it along.

<div class='quotetop'>(Jedifyfe @ May 18 2006, 05:43 PM) [snapback]1246310[/snapback]</div>
I have never been to the Comic Con. I really want to go and wear a costume, but do people just walk around like its Halloween or do you just wear your costumes for the contest???
[/b]

They actually do both. http://www.adventurersplace.com/Convention...CC/2004SDCC.htm

You should get a good idea of what's up at the con there.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back