Attempting wonder woman build

MissHParker

Trying to create a wonder woman costume for London film comic con. Giving worbla a try for the first time so pretty exciting. Any advice is always welcome.

20150829_144840.jpg

20150829_134118.jpg

20150829_134111.jpg

20150829_144818.jpg

Came across two definitive issues of not being able to find something big enough to use as a shaper for breast plate ( so if anyone else had this issue let me know what you got )
Secondly found that I couldn't get the worbla to bend enough. Was like it was a too bigger curve to fit into a piece and therefore bubbled or ripped.
Cheers Hannah

Thanks I'll give it a try. I did try melting together all my scrap pieces with some success but think I need more pressure to get them to bleed together better. With a grill and rolling pin and much arm strength as I can do I can still sort of see joining lines.

20150830_131558.jpg
20150830_211605.jpg
Ok so basically cause I'm not the smoothest I had to filler over my worbla as I'd used bits and pieces but I think that the filler strengthen it ( hindsight I used way to much ) and then set about sanding it down with sandpaper. This will take forever and alot of arm strength. But am trying to go down to a very smooth finish. Though will be probably hoping it looks worn and lived in. . As it's armour. I am going to do a white cape so am not going to make the worbla go all the way round my bust and will instead be buckling behind my back.

20150831_213111.jpg

20150902_204019.jpg

Put some black on as a background and to prime the colour. Will add some shadow to it for depth. The metalic colour is picking up other things in my living room, so does look bumper then it is. ( is bumpy tho slightly ) it's battle armour I figure I'll get better

Not sure if anyone is really paying attention to this thread but anyways
20150903_202714.jpg
20150903_202656.jpg
Ok so I added some black round the edges of the bird symbol to try create some depth. Really loving liquitex basics paints right now.
And then moved on to more exciting ventures of attempted sword making 20150829_203213.jpg
For the sword I first designed it on mount board then added a wooden core to add some strength and will soon covet with expanding foam and give it a carve. Wish me luck. Thanks :)

You're making good progress. The world can always use another Wonder Woman! I grew up on the Linda Carter series; I can't wait to see her in the new movie.

Sorry I haven't posted recently
Ok so last you had seen I had mount boarded a sword.
20150831_140358.jpg
Now it's covered in expanding foam. Which was crazy fun but I feel like I shouldve tried to make too as there was just so much left that I could have made an army's worth of weapons with the left over can.

20150831_213125.jpg
Also just working on worbla belt which might still get slimmed down or built up later on.
I'll try be between with posting peeps :)

Been following this for a while and now my wife wants a wonder woman costume. But i think we are gonna go with the new armor or AmeComi style
b07d071733ea731ccb62f0dc139d22d9.jpg
8470c4826d1900db3e11fda23e2ef89f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

that's cool. I love the top costume. You can buy a good one that's pretty cool at http://www.halloweencostumes.com/anime-wonder-woman-costume.html.
I'd love to be able to pull of the panel down the middle but alas at 24 I'm still hoping for a puberty spurt from somewhere and i know that i would look short and not graceful or .. step on it. he he. And honestly I'd be scared to flash someone walking round london. I'll keep an eye out on your page though to see if a braver wonder woman appears. Loving your Grodd though

that's cool. I love the top costume. You can buy a good one that's pretty cool at http://www.halloweencostumes.com/anime-wonder-woman-costume.html.
I'd love to be able to pull of the panel down the middle but alas at 24 I'm still hoping for a puberty spurt from somewhere and i know that i would look short and not graceful or .. step on it. he he. And honestly I'd be scared to flash someone walking round london. I'll keep an eye out on your page though to see if a braver wonder woman appears. Loving your Grodd though
She wants to go with the bottom New Armor style because of the weather here in the fall when she will be wearing it is colder. Plus she is also scared of "popping out" by accident as well. I will probably use the idea from the Ame Comi style skirt though. Its cool.

Sent from my Note 5 via TapaTalk

Grodd build: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?p=3914756

www.facebook.com/gorillagroddcosplay

She wants to go with the bottom New Armor style because of the weather here in the fall when she will be wearing it is colder. Plus she is also scared of "popping out" by accident as well. I will probably use the idea from the Ame Comi style skirt though. Its cool.

The popping out fear is why I don't think I'll make my own corset out of foam. I've seen it done and it's cool but not sure I trust my making that much.
Is your wife going to have a tiara as that's the bit I can't decide if I really like and if it will be that comfy?

The popping out fear is why I don't think I'll make my own corset out of foam. I've seen it done and it's cool but not sure I trust my making that much.
Is your wife going to have a tiara as that's the bit I can't decide if I really like and if it will be that comfy?
Yes she will. She has Alopecia Areata so she is use to wearing wigs and the such that hug her head.

Oh how awful. I use to have longer hair and lost some of mine and cut it shorter from like mid back to 20 inches. So I can see it can be awful though I was luck with regrowth. When the tiara gets started I'd love to see how you do it. Is she going to be wonder woman when your being Grodd?

Oh how awful. I use to have longer hair and lost some of mine and cut it shorter from like mid back to 20 inches. So I can see it can be awful though I was luck with regrowth. When the tiara gets started I'd love to see how you do it. Is she going to be wonder woman when your being Grodd?
She has had it for over 20 years. She has accepted it. But yes grodd and WW. We also have a super girl and flash with us. I have to measure her soon to start the process.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back