Attempting My Own Signature

A Hunters Moon

So, I've been jonesing for a signature lately. I've only played with freeware programs in the past and to no avail. This is only the start of it but I'm real happy with the one thing I've done so far. I took a predators pic that was posted here on the forum and added my own bio over it. I used a small light for the blue tint and a larger light wrapped in a yellow shopping bag for the fire light. I want to add all the details like my name, lasers coming from the bio, and some pred text that says the rattlesnake. Which is what I call my bio. Sad part is I don't think I can do any lettering in paint.net. So if any of you guy out there, say, have a Pred alphabet you could send me for the program or could help me out in any other way just pm me.

Before:

beforesig.jpg

After:

huntersmoonsig.jpg

Good start?

Overview of Signature Guidelines

1: One (1) Sig Banner per member.
2: These guidelines must be followed. Edits will ensue if they are not. If we need to repeatedly edit your sig we'll be forced to take other action.
3: No nudity whatsoever, obvious, implied or otherwise. Bathing suits are fine, skimpy bikinis are not. Violating this is an instant ban.
4: Sig width no more than 500 pixels, height no more than 150 pixels. This is more than enough room for your creativity.
5: Sigs must be under 60kb. There is no reason for a jpg that is 500x150 to be over 60kb.
6: No embedded sounds in sigs, not even on mouseovers.
7: Symbols or insignia of fallen oppresive/murderous regimes or terror organizations will result in the sig's removal.
8: No dynamic or rotating sigs or affiliate url's.
9: No more than 4 lines of text (80 characters per line)

Well apparently I was in the mood to do a Sig today, cause I started working on one for you whether I wanted to or not
This was pretty much what I came up with given what you said you wanted, and what I could do with what skills I may have.

If you like it, then feel free to use it. If theres something you think would make it better, let me know and i'll try and change it for you
Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, thanks for the sig. Looks cool. I'll definently use it while I play around with the one I'm working on. I'm really enjoying the paint.net program and figuring out all the stuff I can do with it.

just look on youtube for a video tutorial. trying to navigate someone blind with paint is kind of useless. Or DL a copy of Photoshop and get practicing. You can fool around with lots of techniques found online, and they are FREE!!! you can also check out "you suck at photoshop" on youtube. its hilarious. This guy teaches you about photoshop, all the while he's muttering away about his ex wife and his divorce. He sounds so bitter,

check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_X5uR7VC4M

The best way to think of it is like making a collage. For the base of the signature you're cutting and pasting together pics you like. This takes time if you're making the sig from several pics. The border is made with the line tool and the letters with the text. After you can add effects. It's fairly simple when you get the hang of it. There's a bunch of tutorials on paint.nets site that you'll find helpful in describing the process in depth. I figured it out so you should have no problem.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back