Attempst At My Mr Giggles Bio

carpe noctem

ok here is a little more shading, still did not have the eye inserts but looks a lot better..... i thank u guys for your input and advise.....

IMG_3617.JPG

IMG_3608.JPG

IMG_3594.JPG

i really like the design. i like that you outlined it with black as well. maybe some weathering would help it out, since you are not totally satisfied with it.

why dont you try the silver with a custom made paint made from the other colours mixed? ive done this before with a shrunken head i made i hated all of the skin tones so i mixed them all together and it came out great :)

I am in agreement that the colors chosen are pretty damn sweet and LOVE the pattern. Per weathering, I would take a look at what the 501st guys do to weather up their Stormtrooper armor with scuffing it, etc.w

thanks a lot guys, i can make a bio look weathered when is metal looking, but this one since is white, any iideas on how guys????
I am in agreement that the colors chosen are pretty damn sweet and LOVE the pattern. Per weathering, I would take a look at what the 501st guys do to weather up their Stormtrooper armor with scuffing it, etc.w
The last one looks great. You can never go wrong with a light black washing as well. That should really bring out the lines in the sculpt. You have to be careful if you go this route though since the base is white. The right lenses can really set off a bio in my opinion too. Im far from a pro, but thats my 2 cents.

[sub]Hey Bro, you have a excellent weatherer right here...[/sub]
[sub]pass me the bio and i will weather the *#@& out of it!![/sub]
[sub]I know colors very well.....[/sub]

[sub]and nice color combo too![/sub]

thanks a lot for the ideas, i tried other colors and wont rest till is right.... will post some final pic very soon!!! bro, weathered few and they came out good, this white paint is flat but also very porous so i have to be very careful cause whatever i put on it , aint coming out !!! ,its like cement, sucks in what ever u put on it...wich i kinda love cause its not smooth at all... let me try AGAIN AND POST A FEW PICS TOMORROW.....(sorry for the caps) have an i dea what it means to black wash, xdmray please explain the procedure just in case im mistaken !!!

put a coat of matte crystal clear on it ..then start your weathering or black wash ( black acrylic paint with lots of water .sponge it on ..then blot it off with a paper towel) you will protect that flat white

awesome !!! kind of what i thought it was except the matte crystal clear coat , that would seal it before i weather it!!! thanks bro i apreciate,,, post some tomorrow!!

yeah, i put a clear coat on everything before i black wash. some times i use matte and sometimes i use gloss. depends on what look i am going for.
my technique varies. sometimes i use a brush and put straight paint on then immediately wipe it off. sometimes i use a bit of water and other times a lot of water. it depends on how much of the paint you want to stick. more water= less paint.
most people use sponges a lot, but i am pretty comfortable with brushes.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back