Attaching Backing Rods To Latex?

Wolfs Ruin

Hi so Ive been making a predator mask of of latex and its all going great butIm trying to attach the backing rods to the latex for the dreads and i cant ive try using latex and superglue the super stayed on till i gave it a little pull and it came off so I lookin for so advice here please?

i prefer to make an X cut in the dread hole and push the dread through.  Make the cut smaller than the dread.  Try out the dread in the cut, you can always cut a little more if you need to .  just don't make too big of a cut intially. i also then put some latex on it to act as glue.

IMG_3490_zpsd47de252.jpg

IMG_3488_zps579ba5ec.jpg

I've used Barge on foam, but have never tried to glue backer rod (which is a different type of foam than the real dreads).  If you do try to glue them in, make sure there's no paint, ink, or Pros-Aide, and that you're bonding directly to the latex.

Brian

I have a MonsterRoom full face and i HOT GLUED my backer rod dreads in. The heat sort of wants to melts the foam a tiney bit but dries fast and has held up better than i thought...

Maniak said:
I have a MonsterRoom full face and i HOT GLUED my backer rod dreads in. The heat sort of wants to melts the foam a tiney bit but dries fast and has held up better than i thought...
I tried the same thing and had some success for a while.  In the long run I noticed that the hot melt wasn't bonding to the latex, rather it was just sticking to it.  Since using foam safe ca glue I've literally had dreads pulled off the mask, leaving the glued end still stuck in place.  Again, I have real foam dreads so I really can't say for sure what would work with backer rod.

Brian

Foam safe ca all the way buddy & take your time it's takes a fair while to glue on a hole heads worth. Glue on the mask and the tip of the dread then must on some activator the aply a little pressure for 20/30 seconds. They'll stick like **** to a blanket.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back