Attached shoulder bells to Darth Vader Armor

Darth Kahnt

Sr Member
As most of you probably know I have acquired a new set of Gino Darth Vader armor.

There is no attachment system in place for the shoulder bells. Each bell has a piece of wide elastic hot glued onto it and this piece of elastic is long enough so that you could hot glue/epoxy the other end to the main body of the armor. I don't think this would be a great system to use. Ill post pics when I get my armor back today. The elastic is easily removed.

I really dont feel like I want to use velcro either, I didnt like the velcro system on my GT armor.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on different ways you mount your shoulder bells to your Vader armor? Pictures will be greatly appreciated, I'm a very visual person. :)

I have leather straps with holes in the leather through which screws attach to receivers on the armor...those receivers are bonded to the fiberglass using a two-part epoxy...

T

now, THIS is my current dillema/project.
I have the GT 2006 version and the bells attach with velcro.
Velcro sucks.
I doubt there is one Vader here that actually has the broad enough shoulders to fill the armor out to support the bells with velcro alone.

I want a unique hinge system like on the Rubies.
If I have to drill a couple holes here and there and use carriage bolts, so be it....they'll be under the cape anyways.
I want to see something more rigid that any strap sytem.
I hate how the bells tweak either to the rear or the front and clank around.

Originally posted by SithLord@Mar 31 2006, 12:33 PM
I have leather straps with holes in the leather through which screws attach to receivers on the armor...those receivers are bonded to the fiberglass using a two-part epoxy...

T
[snapback]1216868[/snapback]​

Thomas,

Would you be so kind as to share some pictures please?

Originally posted by SithLord@Mar 31 2006, 04:33 PM

T
[snapback]1216868[/snapback]​

Same here. It works quite well IMO.

I used three pairs of heavy duty wall hangers on each side. I used JB weld to bond them to the armor. I placed a pair on the front edge, middle and back edge so that the shoulders wouldn't sag. I used zip ties to attach them. This holds the bells out and does not allow them to hang down. When covered with the cape, it gives you really broad shoulders and looks a lot more accurate than if the bells hung down.

Cricky. I got all caught up with the drama last night after I took these photos that I forgot to post them...doh. Sorry about that :).

ArmorStraps.jpg

and the final effect...

Armorstraps2.jpg

:cheers,

Thomas

Thanks Trent and Thomas for wonderful pics. They are exactly what I needed to help me out.

Questions guys: what do you use to pad the shoulder bells of the armor?

Please feel free to share more pictures if there is an alternative method that you use. Hopefully we can archive this thread if we get enough useful information.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back