"Atlas Shrugged: The Strike" Coming Oct 12

Kerr Avon

Master Member
Well, they completed the sequel and it's coming out on October 12th!! I liked the first one, it certainly had room for improvement, but I'm really looking forward to this! They pretty much recast everyone for the movie, which I think is a little unfortunate, but I am liking what I see so far! Esai Morales has the chops to be able to bring the Root of All Evil speech to the screen and I look forward to it. Robert Picardo as Dr Stadler.
And for you haters, don't like it, don't see it, don't want to hear about how much you hate Ayn Rand!

attachment.php

Is this the conclusion or is there a third anticipated?

My only thought is that from the trailer the "world" looks a lot nicer than I imagined in the book. I pictured such a run down 50's New York that this all seems too clean to me.

It's been quite a while since I read the book though.

There's a third anticipated. They are trying to make one movie per section, so this will pretty much cover everything up until the end of "Either-Or" section of the book.

There's a third anticipated. They are trying to make one movie per section, so this will pretty much cover everything up until the end of "Either-Or" section of the book.

Gotcha. Never watched the first but maybe I'll give them all a go when the third comes out.

I actually love the book but I was disappointed with the first movie. Their interpretation of the world from the book just was not how I pictured it. I will see part 2 though because I'm interested to see if they learned from the mistakes they made in the first one.

DB Sweeney as John Galt? Interesting.

Well, that answers THAT question...

Anyway, I just want to say that, regardless of one's political leanings and what one may think of Ayn Rand's philosophy or writing...I gotta give major props to the crew that's putting these films out. These are clearly labors of love because they sure don't seem to be in it to make money. The last one bombed...and they're STILL putting this one out, and I respect that. Would that Hollywood did that more often. It actually makes me more inclined to watch the first (Although, like Orange, I'm gonna wait until a 3rd is out and I can see the full story).

Last I saw, it was available on Netflix for instant streaming so won't cost you anything (beyond what you already pay for Netflix)!

Last I saw, it was available on Netflix for instant streaming so won't cost you anything (beyond what you already pay for Netflix)!

No, you misunderstand. I don't want to watch a movie that STARTS a story, but not be able to watch the others that FINISH said story. I'd rather not invest the time.

It's unfortunate they couldn't keep the same cast in the major roles. Taylor and Grant did a halfway decent job in Part 1 but at times the performances seemed a bit wooden.

Like Kerr Avon noted, I'm real interested in seeing how they handle the "Money, root of all evil speech". I'm wondering how much they'll edit it down if any. Its probably a 15-20 min speech.

Are they planning a 4th part just for the ending speech? :confused

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back