AT-ST (first model for years!)

On a slightly different note... now I've got the bug back... this will be my next project!
Again, any advice or links to build-ups would be very helpful (was kinda thinking of a diorama, maintenance bay maybe, and a little simple lighting!)View attachment 1421699
I’ve seen some really cool launch-tube dioramas, which I’ve always wanted to copy. I built the 1/32 Mk7 viper and I think I used Tamiya AS-5 light blue (Luftwaffe) for mine. F916E427-FF44-49CC-9703-20786AAADFF3.jpeg

Looks really great (y) (y) Yes, cinnamon is used when your paint is still wet: apply with a paint brush and let it dry. Remove the excess and seal with a clear coat.

Loving it.
I don't mean this as a criticism at all (your weathering is phenomenal) but it almost gives me a vibe of "stolen Imperial equipment used by guerrilla warriors and maintained poorly".
I mean that in the absolute best way possible...excellent jump back into the hobby.

Loving it.
I don't mean this as a criticism at all (your weathering is phenomenal) but it almost gives me a vibe of "stolen Imperial equipment used by guerrilla warriors and maintained poorly".
I mean that in the absolute best way possible...excellent jump back into the hobby.
No crit... Yes you are absolutely right. I was originally inspired by the "sanctuary" episode of The Mandalorian"....

Didn't really think too much about the back-story, but you are right, any imperial staff in charge of this, would be having a serious chat with their superiors!!

More progress soon....

Looking nice already!

One piece of constructive criticism; I'd add more really tiny chips and also check where you've placed your chipping.

Your chips are quite large and some areas remain almost undamaged, whereas you might expect more small and really small scratches and chips as well. My experience is that adding really tiny chips add a great deal of depth and realism. Patience is key; if you add chips and think you can hardly see anything happening, you're doing it right; all these really tiny chips (use e.g. sowing pins and toothpicks and rub and scrape/schratch slowly and gently) together will really add depth and detail eventually.

Chips should be most prominent in spots where trees, branches, rocks etc. would hit the machine (lower legs, outside edges of the legs, front of the round 'cheeks'). Also battle damage would logically be more visible on the front.

btw. I've never heard of using cinnamon for rust, but you can use weathering pigments (fixate with Tamiya X20A) to get a nice rust texture.

Looking nice already!

One piece of constructive criticism; I'd add more really tiny chips and also check where you've placed your chipping.

Your chips are quite large and some areas remain almost undamaged, whereas you might expect more small and really small scratches and chips as well. My experience is that adding really tiny chips add a great deal of depth and realism. Patience is key; if you add chips and think you can hardly see anything happening, you're doing it right; all these really tiny chips (use e.g. sowing pins and toothpicks and rub and scrape/schratch slowly and gently) together will really add depth and detail eventually.

Chips should be most prominent in spots where trees, branches, rocks etc. would hit the machine (lower legs, outside edges of the legs, front of the round 'cheeks'). Also battle damage would logically be more visible on the front.

btw. I've never heard of using cinnamon for rust, but you can use weathering pigments (fixate with Tamiya X20A) to get a nice rust texture.
thanks... will take that on board when I get back to it.... :)

Got to keep an eye on this one! I think your weathering with the chipping and rust is looking fantastic.

Too many projects (adventures) make one late for dinner...
But they are so much fun and worth it!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back