AT-ST: Dimensions for Building Life-Size Replica

chanmac24

Hi All! We are gearing up for a SW fan film this year. One of our set-pieces will be an AT-ST, which we are planning to build practically. I am very surprised by the lack of "blueprints" and general dimensional information for scout walkers. The only reference I could find was (what appears to be) the actual (scale?) blueprints from Jedi (attached), but they're garbled..

My next steps were to:
-Contact that one guy who actually built a "life-size" replica
-Find a good 3d model, grab the dimensions, and scale to what looks right based on other sources

--> Anyone know of a better resource for AT-ST dimensions?
Thanks!

Attachments

• atst_bp.png
    atst_bp.png
    370.5 KB · Views: 1,128
You might be best off picking up a Bandai kit and scaling it up (listed as 1/48, but these things tend to be debated).

Most of these "new member" over-ambitious projects never come to fruition, especially the practically built ones. Its most often much cheaper to build a set in CGI. In addition, the new member posted this on December 6th and hasn't been here since.

TazMan2000

Thank you JKNO! That does help, we can scale from there along with other sources. The part we're building is mainly the head, as an interior/exterior set piece. So, time to get clever!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back