AT-AT parts identification

GerdzerlKinerfd

Does anyone know of any comprehensive lists or diagrams identifying all the original kit parts ILM used for the AT-AT studio models in The Empire Strikes Back and Return of The Jedi? I’ve seen a few parts identified here and there, but not most of them.

I haven't seen full part maps posted anywhere. People have researched parts and if you go through all threads here and on SSM you can get a decent amount of IDs. Most of the rest you can probably find if you go through the kit scans here and in SSM.

I see that you are a new member. So if you'll allow me I would like to offer a little bit of advice. Do with it what you will, no obligation to follow it.

IDing these parts is work. A LOT of work. People don't tend to hand over full part maps that they took months or even years to complete to anyone who is new to a forum and who just asks. What works best is that you start your project, put in effort, post results and post specific questions or request help on specific parts. You'll be amazed how willing a lot of people are to help. Or at least in the past. This forum has lost quite a bit of traffic / participation since things have moved more to social media.

Good luck on your project!

SSM won't have any threads on this subject. Their board is set to purge a thread if it hasn't been posted on in a month, and there haven't been any parts ID threads there.

I haven't seen full part maps posted anywhere. People have researched parts and if you go through all threads here and on SSM you can get a decent amount of IDs. Most of the rest you can probably find if you go through the kit scans here and in SSM.

I see that you are a new member. So if you'll allow me I would like to offer a little bit of advice. Do with it what you will, no obligation to follow it.

IDing these parts is work. A LOT of work. People don't tend to hand over full part maps that they took months or even years to complete to anyone who is new to a forum and who just asks. What works best is that you start your project, put in effort, post results and post specific questions or request help on specific parts. You'll be amazed how willing a lot of people are to help. Or at least in the past. This forum has lost quite a bit of traffic / participation since things have moved more to social media.

Good luck on your project!
Thank you for your honesty, I'll take your advice. By the way, I want to apologise if I came across as demanding and/or ungrateful, I'm honestly pretty bad at communicating and conveying my true intentions (I have autism, not to get TMI) and thus it's not hard for folks to get the wrong impression from what I say, not to make excuses, of course.

I certainly don't expect anyone to directly hand me out lists and maps by any means, I was just wondering if there was anything for AT-AT parts out there like how there are for X-Wings, Y-Wings, the Millennium Falcon, etc. I hope that makes sense.

SSM won't have any threads on this subject. Their board is set to purge a thread if it hasn't been posted on in a month, and there haven't been any parts ID threads there.

Understood. Where would a parts IDing thread be better suited at, in that case?

Oh don't worry. It's all good. No apologies needed.

It is a bit strange that such a great and iconic model hasn't resulted in more (documented) research like the XWing for instance.

Didn't find any parts maps, but did find this detailed build thread:

Does anyone know of any comprehensive lists or diagrams identifying all the original kit parts ILM used for the AT-AT studio models in The Empire Strikes Back and Return of The Jedi? I’ve seen a few parts identified here and there, but not most of them.

Do you have any of the kits that were identified in the posts you've seen?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back