Assault Phaser Butt Plate

sleepless

Sr Member
Has anyone ever produced copies of the red and gold butt plate from the Star Trek Assault Phaser??

I have just bought a resin phaser and wanted to put one on the base??

p2-2288b.jpg

It is the red and gold image in the above pic.

Bump. I'm interested as well. Does this sound like something RACprops could do for us and $$?

There was a run of these years ago. They were brass plates, painted with red, then etched I believe. VERY nice. I only have the 1 left on my Miarecki.

Jhusel

I still have one of the ID tags from that run, too. They were made from red vinyl on brass.

There will be another run coming in the near future, along with a possible metal parts run as well.

<div class='quotetop'>(blufive @ Nov 8 2006, 02:50 PM) [snapback]1353304[/snapback]</div>
There will be another run coming in the near future, along with a possible metal parts run as well.
[/b]

That would be sweet. Will there be details around here somewhere?

The original ones were the same type of plastic that was used for signage in the original series. A color layered over white, with the engraving cut through the color to reveal the white.
They were all individually numbered.

<div class='quotetop'>(sleepless @ Jul 18 2006, 05:24 AM) [snapback]1282904[/snapback]</div>
Has anyone ever produced copies of the red and gold butt plate from the Star Trek Assault Phaser??

I have just bought a resin phaser and wanted to put one on the base??

It is the red and gold image in the above pic.
[/b]

If I remember correctly, the originals were all engraved aluminum and had different numbers.

Coyle mentioned something about making these phasers for Roddenberry.com sometime in the future.

Email him and ask.

They were actually acid etched magnesium. They did have different numbers. The logic being that the prop master as well as paramount could keep track of them.

This is an original
[attachmentid=11205]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(minieffects @ Nov 23 2006, 07:43 AM) [snapback]1364130[/snapback]</div>
They were actually acid etched magnesium. They did have different numbers. The logic being that the prop master as well as paramount could keep track of them.

This is an original
[attachmentid=11205]
[/b]

Thanks for this.

Anson

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(minieffects @ Nov 23 2006, 02:43 AM) [snapback]1364130[/snapback]</div>

This is an original
[attachmentid=11205]
[/b]

Interesting information. I think a lot of the replicas have utilized brass as the base. Where did you get your information?

:)

Thanks for the welcome. Im glad to help where I can.

minieffects

Here are a few pics of one of the finished props before it went to set.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(minieffects @ Nov 23 2006, 05:58 PM) [snapback]1364317[/snapback]</div>
I worked on ST6.
[/b]

Good thing it wasn't 5 or you wouldn't want to tell anybody. :eek:

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back