Assassins Creed: Revelations - Altair's Masyaf keys

LeMarchand

Sr Member
Being a huge "Assassins Creed" fan and a sucker for 'artifact' props, i knew i had to replicate the "Masyaf Keys" from the game when i saw them.

My time has been very limited so progress has been slow and below is the work i have done sofar the past months.

After i looked for reference material (pics and HD cutscenes) i started drawing the patterns in Illustrator during my nightshifts. I was a lot of work, especially the side with the runes.

Once i finished them, i used the patterns to electro-etch them in brass sheet and cut them out. I glued them to a stack of CD's (as that seems to be the approximate size).

I made a quick mold and am now using casts to further refine the discs: beveling the edges, cutting out the center holes and milling the deep lines (used to form the constellation on the door in the game).

Ezio needs to find 5 keys in the game, and each of those has different constellation lines. Once he opens the door to Altair's library with them, he finds a 6th key, which appears to have no lines (which is logical as this key isn't used on the constelllation door.

Once i have finished the 6 different keys, i will make seperate molds and paint them. I am even thinking of sending Ubisoft a finished set as a token of appreciation for their awesome gameline, which i have enjoyed so much.

below are some pictures i used as reference and some pictures of the progress made sofar. I will post an update when i have made more progress. If you are wondering what the lines are in the center of my pieces, those are guides used to scribe the lines for the constellation grooves i need to mill out of the resin casts)

Thanks for looking :)

KEYOFA~1.PNG

Masyaf-key.png

tumblr_luu2y3lv6n1r235jpo1_1280.jpg

AC-masyaf1.jpg

ac-masyaf2.jpg

ac-masyaf3.jpg

The first one is the basemodel i made using cds and electro etched brass. A mold was made of that one so resin copies could be cast to make the six individual discs used as master models for the final molds. These resin copies will have the edges beveled, the centerhole cut out and the constellation lines milled in.

I thought about it, but decided not to go that route. The engineering would cost a lot of time and i just wanted to make them as a momentum of the game.

The cost of making lighted versions would also be considerably higher when these are offered because you would have each disc be made up of several parts, electronics and a way to access the batteries.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back