Assassin's Creed Outfit

The Night

Here's my assassin outfit based roughly on Altair from the original assassins creed. It isn't an exact copy since i was going for more of a general assassin than i was altair himself.

photo.jpg

There are still some things i need to change with it. I need to buy a more appropriate sword (i have a different one than in the picture but im still not quite happy with it), i need to find sheaths for my throwing knifes (they were on my back in this pic), i need to remake my wrist blade. i made one about a year ago but i want to redo the design of it.
Wrist Blade - YouTube
^
Video one of 3, my iphone made me seperate the video to upload it :rolleyes

i'll probly change out the belt at some point as well, the one i wore was from by SW anakin costume. i think it worked fairly well.

i also now have the vambraces and glove for it, not pictured.
i also am debating changing out the white hood for a white padded coif just to make mine different than the general AC outfits ive seen.

thoughts?

Looks great regardless. I like the originality of it all. I would even go as far as to add maybe the logo somewhere?
And keep the hood. Perhaps add some symbols so you wont be confused with Altair

What kind of spring did you use for your hidden blade, and did you have any problems with it distending and becoming useless?

im not sure about the hood. the hood part of it is too big for me and i can't see with it up anyways which is why i considered a padded collar piece (said coif in the op but the one i was looking at is essentially the same as the hood and collar piece off this with no hood). i usually keep the hood down anyways.

the spring is just an extension spring i got from my local hardware store. it's actually really strong (i went for the hardest i could pull apart). haven't had any issues with it distending yet, and i've had it over a year. the lock mechanism is made of sheet metal i dremmelled to fit.
i'm redesigning my next one to be a push out (ill have to physically push my arm to extend it) with a spring to pull it back in. i already have an idea how to lock it in the extended position (the v1 doesn't lock out, just in). and i wanted to put a cover over the top to make it look more presentable.

I'm building mine with a case, so I had to design a new trigger to fit inside. Do you remember what store you bought the spring at or any of the info from the package? I haven't had any luck finding a spring that still works after being in the closed position for only an hour.

the store i got it from was Ace Hardware. they had a filing case sort of thing with a bunch of different types of springs in it. if theres one by you that would probly be your best bet

i honestly don't remember anymore. it was like a year ago i bought it and i cut it down a bit anyway... ballpark, i'd estmate around 7 inches pre-modified.

im not sure about the hood. the hood part of it is too big for me and i can't see with it up anyways which is why i considered a padded collar piece (said coif in the op but the one i was looking at is essentially the same as the hood and collar piece off this with no hood). i usually keep the hood down anyways.

Dude, don't lose the hood. The hood is what makes the Assassin. It is supposed to be big so you can hide your face, while still seeing. ^^

not to bad man, i like the trim on the arm area as well, how was it done? and while your original blade itself is not to your liking the mechanism itself seems to function well. keep up the good work

necroing this post big time. lol, for those asking, the arm trim wasn't done by me. the robe was purchased elsewhere but is no longer sold.

renfaire1.jpg

renfaire2.jpg

updated pics. grabbed the AC bracers, a better sword (custom replica of altairs) and the fighting knife/ chest harness from altair. still need a better belt but other than that i'm pretty happy with it. i'm planning an Ezio AC2 costume next too ;)

the overall quality is pretty good. the black "plate" pieces are just patches with white embroidery. the sizing is a bit large as well, so if you have small arms like i do you'll need some padding or modification to make them fit. its a good buy though for the price. i'd try ebay first and see if you can pick em up cheaper

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back