Assassin's Creed III

Monkey540

Sr Member
I was thinking about posting something, but I'm not sure if it would be copyright infringement, I'd like some thoughts:
I have the George Washington Journal from the Special edition of Assassin's Creed III as shown in my collection here:
md0p.jpg

Here's a couple of pages:
5aml.jpg

s23c.jpg

1q75.jpg

There is a credits page:
mn4i.jpg

Now, I don't see a copyright symbol on this anywhere, but that doesn't really mean anything since Ubisoft owns the rights to the likeness. The book was only available in certain editions of the game, and has not been printed otherwise. I don't want to put the time in to scan up the book and order it if it's an infringement. Please help me out on the legality of it. Thanks.

Guess no one is even interested since it's been up for a week. The idea was to share the images, but guess I won't be doing anything about it now.

Actually I'm very interested jusst not had time until now to post a reply , looking forward to it and I like your collectio so far too - what you have to remmber with some of the members here they don't like to be the first ones to post a reply - lol

Actually I'm very interested jusst not had time until now to post a reply , looking forward to it and I like your collectio so far too - what you have to remmber with some of the members here they don't like to be the first ones to post a reply - lol

Thanks for replying, but what about infringement issues? Since, I didn't create it, Ubisoft and the company they hire out did. If it were the codex I wouldn't care as the images are already posted, but I haven't found this posted anywhere as of yet.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Unless someone at the print shop KNOWS what it is, they probably won't care. Hell, if they wanted I'm sure they could print off for themselves. If you wanted, you could print and make the book yourself (its easy, but takes time to become proficient), or send the pages to a member here and see if they will make it for you. Post up a WTB thread in the junkyard when you can. I'm sure someone will bite.

If you are worried about Ubisoft coming after you for posting the pages on the internet, there are ways around that. I'm all for sharing, but at the end of the day if you don't feel comfortable then don't post them.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Unless someone at the print shop KNOWS what it is, they probably won't care. Hell, if they wanted I'm sure they could print off for themselves. If you wanted, you could print and make the book yourself (its easy, but takes time to become proficient), or send the pages to a member here and see if they will make it for you. Post up a WTB thread in the junkyard when you can. I'm sure someone will bite.

If you are worried about Ubisoft coming after you for posting the pages on the internet, there are ways around that. I'm all for sharing, but at the end of the day if you don't feel comfortable then don't post them.

I'm confused, how are there ways around it?

This book would be interesting to replicate as it had hidden pages that I had to cut open, which is the intention. I'd like to share, just need to know what it means. Drawing from scratch is one thing, scanning a created work is another.

I'm confused, how are there ways around it?

This book would be interesting to replicate as it had hidden pages that I had to cut open, which is the intention. I'd like to share, just need to know what it means. Drawing from scratch is one thing, scanning a created work is another.

I'm not sure if we are allowed to talk about it on here, but it deals with illegal downloading methods.

Ok, here we go, all now in jpg form. They are cut to be squared off, dimensions of the book are 5.125"x 7.4375" Most pages came out around 5" x 7.4375", images should be 1:1.

First 25 Pages + Cover

00 - Cover.jpg01 - Title Page.jpg02.jpg03.jpg04.jpg05.jpg06.jpg07.jpg08.jpg09.jpg10.jpg11.jpg12.jpg13.jpg14.jpg15.jpg16.jpg17.jpg18.jpg19.jpg20.jpg21-22.jpg23-24.jpg25.jpg

Last edited:
Great stuff! :D Thank you so much for the scans!

Yup, no problem, since it's already been uploaded elsewhere almost a year ago, figured high quality scans would be good.

Keep in mind that the pages are all printed back to back. (i.e. first page is page 1 on front, page 2 on back)

Pages:
21-24 constitute 1 fold out page double sided
41-44 constitute 1 fold out page double sided
45-48 constitute 1 fold out page double sided

Connected Page Information:

There are a number of pages in the notebook that were joined together, sometimes around other pages, these were secret, and the pages needed to be cut to reveal them.

Page 9 is connected to Page 14 containing pages 10 - 13.
Page 29 is connected to Page 32 containing pages 30 - 31.
Page 53 is connected to Page 56 containing pages 54 - 55.
Page 61 is connected to Page 64 containing pages 62 - 63.

Hope this was helpful.

Thanks very much monkey, really appreciate the effort you took to scan and share. Some really nice watercolour artwork in this pamphlet. Will look good on a nice heavy paper stock using the coffee staining/aging technique.

By the way, the font used for the writing is called LaDanse if anyone is interested.

bfd

super cool thanks - will enjy putting that together

Thanks very much monkey, really appreciate the effort you took to scan and share. Some really nice watercolour artwork in this pamphlet. Will look good on a nice heavy paper stock using the coffee staining/aging technique.

By the way, the font used for the writing is called LaDanse if anyone is interested.

bfd

Can't wait to see them guys, btw here's my progress (1st attempt) on a codex:
73ze.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back