Assassin's Creed 3 Tomahawk - added simple plan + dimensions

CynderBloc

There was some interest in this a few days ago, and I mentioned that I would sketch up some plans when I got a chance.

So here's where I'm at (sorry it's a photo, not the easiest to see, but my scanner is only an A4 one)

IMG_20120310_214813.jpg

I do have a question/request though. Does anyone know of a simple to use free CAD program? Preferably one with instructions for idiots. I do have access to illustrator, but I never had any training in it and I have no idea how to set line lengths etc

I'd prefer to do the rest of it on the computer, mainly because I'm planning on releasing the plans for anyone who wants them and there would be a lot less hassle uploading it.

Also, scaling would be a lot easier. The piece of paper that is drawn on is practically worn away with the amount of erasing I did

Last edited:
Re: Assassin's Creed 3 Tomahawk plans...with added bonus question!

I was planning on dimensioning it once I got it onto the comp. I've still got two angles to do before the plans are finished anyway. Everything will be on it once it's completed

Cheers for Blender, but it's for 3D modelling, correct? When it comes to drawing anything on a computer that doesn't involve freehand on a pen tablet, I am a complete beginner. I'm really looking for a simple 2D program. Before my Dad retired he had a Mac with PowerCad that he used when he was doing work at home, which would have been perfect, but that's long gone unfortunately

fevereon made the axe look on deviantart

You're must be at least the tenth person to tell me that in the last couple of days, but I had already seen that one before I started this

It's not going to be the only one ever made though, some people on game forums were telling me not to make it because someone already had....

They clearly have no clue, could you imagine a world with only one Stormtrooper costume for example

hey, this might also help you. I plan on making a metal-bladed version of it as well, and this photo details the beading and handle of it fairly well:
11866-tomahawk.png

hey, this might also help you. I plan on making a metal-bladed version of it as well, and this photo details the beading and handle of it fairly well:

That's a great ref pic, cheers

I was the guy talking to you about it the other night, are you still planning on using that Medieval tomahawk as a base?

I got a few friends interested in the idea of having one, so I'm thinking I'm going to make plastic casts, mixing aluminium powder into the resin to give it the metal look

yeah, im still going to use the medieval tomahawk. i will grind the edges with a grinder, and use a metal cutting bladed jigsaw for the inside part. hopefully ill be able to order it within the next few days. once im done, ill post pics and stuff...im too lazy to do a wip thread though...oh, and at first i thought that red and black stuff below the head was beads, but from looking at this picture im not so sure. What do you think?

The reference pic I'm working off has it just as a thin (roughly 10mm wide) leather strip, randomly wrapped around the shaft and nailed down, the same as the grip.

In that one with the red and black, the devs probably designed it as a wampum belt tied around the shaft. So you were bang on with beads

Oh, are you using the reference picture from the one on the other thread? I actually may end up using that one as well, since i dont really feel like doing all the beadwork...

The one with redcoats aiming at Connor are just red leather holding the blade into place. no beads. I am VERY VERY VERY interested in one of these. if you do make one, let me know. ^^

The one with redcoats aiming at Connor are just red leather holding the blade into place. no beads. I am VERY VERY VERY interested in one of these. if you do make one, let me know. ^^

You're probably right, like I said, the pic I was working off just had it as a leather strip.

Still, I like the idea of a Wampum belt. Makes sense too, considering Connor is Mohawk

If you would be willing to buy it, I would make one for you. My base tomahawk will arrive in a day or two, so I will post a thread then, and then once im further into it to have a result, Ill post an interest thread in the junkyard. Who knows, if I have enough people interested, then I may be doing a run of these :)

If you would be willing to buy it, I would make one for you. My base tomahawk will arrive in a day or two, so I will post a thread then, and then once im further into it to have a result, Ill post an interest thread in the junkyard. Who knows, if I have enough people interested, then I may be doing a run of these :)

Heck yeah man. Just post a build of it. ^^ I'll def follow you.

cant wait to see this build come to life! am hoping to make one myself and hopefully this thread will help.

I'm not going to have a chance to build this anytime in the near future, so here is a (very) simplified plan with the dimensions that I got off the reference pics

All sizes are in mm

Crap, I missed one. The width of the spike at the top is 30mm and it tapers down to 20mm where it joins the main body (eye). You could have it not taper and just go straight down if you wanted a bit more support, that bit is just where the leather cord wraps around

Oh yeah, the haft is 450mm long in total

Dimensions.jpg

Last edited:
Here's the end elevation dimensions, plus a top and bottom elevation

The haft may seem small, but don't forget that there will be leather wrapped around it that will bulk it up

Dimensions2.jpg

Sorry CynderBloc, Im not trying to hijack your thread but: Tomahawk arrived! Its a little smaller than expected, and the haft is loose, but I was planning on replacing that anyways. Im gonna post a thread in a few minutes. IM SO EXCITED!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back