ASM Web-Shooter Display Design Contest

thicker acrylic perhaps?

or maybe a 'post/pole' behind it..so the legs arent supporting the weight?

(just thoughts...good luck everyone)

thicker acrylic perhaps?

or maybe a 'post/pole' behind it..so the legs arent supporting the weight?

(just thoughts...good luck everyone)

Weight is one issue, but also the legs themselves. Thicker acrylic could also help, but the most probable breaking points are the sharp corners and thin areas.

The best adjustment I would see would be to make a separate piece to mount the spider itself. That way the area that is touching the base in increased, and if you found need for extra support you could use a triangular piece that would strengthen the bond between the pieces. I'm sure there are other solutions, just my to cents.

It also gives you a chance to do some more styling/designing :)

:popcorn Food for thought

a post.. or a triangle (a web? webbing type piece?) form the base behind the spider perhaps..

or going a bit further... 'webbing' pieces for each 'side' too? (one for each shooter) instead of a straight pole/piece..

just an update to the original for a more secure 'mount' and not the spider legs carrying the support.

(I was thinking a more old school spider might look good too)

edgelit_poonShooter_stand.jpg

Ok we have the winner :lol :love, this one looks really better than the original. But for my taste without the TASM, better a plaque with
The Amazing Spiderman
1:1 Web Shooters Replica
and of course the Spider in black and the web shooters in white/white transparent.

hahaha..

sure whatever markpoon would want to do if chosen.. plaque/laser etched/edge lit/colored acrylic....etc..

Looks good! :thumbsup

While they are no longer bearing the weight, the legs still may be a concern but thickening them may help as you mentioned before.

It might also help to do another view (or orthographic views: top, front, side, 3/4) of the stand so we all have a better idea what this looks like: how thick the pieces are, how things attach and such. I could make a few guesses how the bottom webbing secures to the base, but it'd be better if it was shown.

Hi xl97,

I'm sorry but your design wouldn't work :cry my laser cutter has cautioned me that the spider's legs will break off easily :(

what ever happened to this?

we all put in time/work.. ideas for this... and? :)

who won? what was done in the end?

thanks!

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back