ASM mask

Steamboat Spidey

Okay. I have gotten the idea of making an amazing spiderman mask from the movie coming in 2012.

I'm going to write the process down and correct me if I'm wrong.

I get a head mannequin or something along those lines and wrap it in cling wrap. I then put oil based clay on ('cause it's re-usable) to make the mask shape and add details. I then put the latex coating on the clay and wait for it to dry. I then add more latex layers with the desired color. I then wait for it to dry and then dust talc powder on it so when I take th mask off the bust it doesn't stick to itself.

So have I gotten the process correct? If not, can you correct me and show me the correct steps? And also, I saw a YouTube video and the guy's mask was shiny on the outside and looked as though I could see the brush strokes. I want to make the mask not as glossy, so that I can paint( if needed ) over it, and plus, the mask in the trailer isn't shiny to me. Thanks, help is appreciated!

dobbyisfree

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back