Asics Gel Dirt Dog 3 or Alternatives?! For TASM1 Suit

Discussion in 'Marvel Costumes and Props' started by Shimo, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Shimo

Shimo New Member

Hello Folks

i plan to create my first own complete suit. I decided to give a try on the TASM1 custome. But it is really hard to find the Asics Gel Dirt Dog 3 to make it as accurate as possible.
    Have you any tips to get one pair of these, or is maybe a alternative "similar" looking one?

I have EU44/45 that is arround US 10,5

Many Thanks for your help!

With kind regards

2. IAmTheClayman

IAmTheClayman Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  3. Shimo

Shimo New Member

Hey

thanks for your reply
    - yeah, its cross / spikey
    - need to find good pictures for the dirt dog 2 - and these are still avaible?
    - i found this shop too, and contacted the dealer - but got a message, that the shoes are not on stock :(

4. tanman96

tanman96 Active Member

You can always look for the Dirt Diva 3. It's the woman's version of the shoe. Other than the color, it is exactly the same design. It.s what I used on my suit. Good luck!

5. Shimo

Shimo New Member

the dirt diva 3 looks great - and you can find them on ebay... but not nearly in my size >.<

6. Shimo

Shimo New Member

which shoe size do you normally have, and what size of dirt diva did you used? have you maybe pictures of your finished modding?

Any other ideas? :)

Thanks in advance!

7. tanman96

tanman96 Active Member

I'm usually a 10.5 or 11 and I got 7.5 for the shoes. Here's what they looked like on my suit image.jpg

8. Shimo

Shimo New Member

wow 10.5 / 11 is the same for me, and a 7.5 woman size worked out?! Is there such a big difference when you only need the soles? xD
    Shoes looks good - have you maybe a more detailed shot frome the side? :X

Thank you!!!!

9. tanman96

tanman96 Active Member

Well you need the soles, the back, the sides, and the toe for accuracy. And thanks! Here's a couple before paint and after image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Shimo likes this.
  10. Shimo

Shimo New Member

cool, thanks for the details. The shoes looking as the male one and seems very screen acurate -> good work :D
    But what i dont understand, how can a shoe/sole fit, when you normally have a sole length of about 27,5cm? Woman 7,5 is about 24cm -> 3cm difference seems for me A LOT :D
    Or did you extend the shoe somehow?

Thank you!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2015