Ashur's P1

ashur

So after weeks of researching and material gathering (aka dicking around), I've finally gotten started on my P1 suit. I'm going the cheap route by hand making everything from foam and whatnot and here is my first piece, the computer gauntlet. I'm trying to stay true to the movie prop but I'm not going to be completely anal about it. Let me know if you have any suggestions. Oh and I'm sorry for the crappy pics, I'm using my droid.
IMG_20110503_203221__598x800_.jpg

IMG_20110503_203242__800x598_.jpg

IMG_20110503_203254__800x598_.jpg

Update: 5/28/11

I have the base of my wristblade gauntlet finished, and while I work out the mechanics of the extend/retract system I figured I would get to work on the blades. First one is still a little rough, it's been a while since I've done this sort of thing. Let me know what you think.

resized.jpg

resized2.jpg

resized3.jpg

Update: 8/18/11

Holy sh!t Halloween is right around the corner, I need to get my butt in gear. Here's a few pics of my wristblade gauntlet. It expands and contracts and is based on a modified version of Master Anubis' gauntlet.

Retracted:
wb1.jpg

Extended:
wb2.jpg

Close-up of shroud:
wb3.jpg

I'm not entirely thrilled with the way the sides of the shroud turned out, I may revisit them later but right now I need to keep rolling. I need to trim my mask and hands, and have a bio on the way but I still need to build all the armor, make a skin and paint everything lol, wish me luck. Up next is the plasma caster.

Update: 9/1/11

Plasma caster finished, I'm pretty pleased with the way it turned out. I wasn't really feeling it until I started adding in the detail and finishing touches. I don't think it's too bad for my first try.

pc1.jpg

pc2.jpg

pc3.jpg

pc4.jpg

Started working on the leg armor last night, should have that and the other miscellaneous armor finished by the weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a suggestion: go with black Foamies. the paint can chip, crack, etc., and if you use black, it will just look like more weathering, versus having your computer gauntlet get all Punky Brewstered out. Great start, though! Now quit dicking around and get back to work! :(

Just a suggestion: go with black Foamies. the paint can chip, crack, etc., and if you use black, it will just look like more weathering, versus having your computer gauntlet get all Punky Brewstered out. Great start, though! Now quit dicking around and get back to work! :unsure:

Good use of Punky Brewster. I found the black foamies harder to work with, I couldn't really see my measurements and lines for cutting and whatnot, so I'm planning on using plastidip on everything before I paint. Hopefully that will take care of the base coat and give the foam underneath some protection. Thanks for the advice though!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back