Perhaps now the equation I have been eluding to on Facebook all Winter will make more sense;
I have begun publishing my progress on the "As You Wish" Helmet Project for Star Wars Celebration VI. My helmet will be an homage to HR Giger's creature design for the movie Alien.
1. Alien frontal skull = Vader helmet
2. Alien lower mouth features = Clone Trooper lower helmet
3. Alien spine ridge = Clone Trooper fin repeated
4. Alien ribs along side of head = Death Star hallway light features
5. Alien tubing bulge = Clone Trooper thermal detonator
6. Alien secondary mouth = Darth Vader lightsabre
Along with several sketches, I am first constructing a 1/6th scale maquette. I am taking this additional step to solidify the design before I cut up the full scale helmets being used the final piece.
I will be updating this gallery often as helmet gestation progresses to full scale.
HRG Trooper WIP image set on Flickr