Done / Completed **LINEAGE** Foundry Cast ANH Kenobi Stunt Hilts (ANH/ROTJ - V2/V3)

Update: I'm looking at the 15th to collect payment and ship these out. I'll contact the first 8 on their hilts before that with what to expect and some tips on finishing.

V3's are completely machined, I've got the rods to do, and finish the V2's but I'm very pleased with how things have come out (for the most part). Thanks for hanging in there, folks.

Fantastic project.

For the v2 as Obi-Wan ANH stunt have you identify a motor that could be fitted in to make the emmiter rotating?
That would be my holy grail to get a functional Obi-Wan stunt prop.

From your offer list I do not see if you offer the Obi-Wan ANH stunt option with electronic red on/off switch +cables?
View attachment 1377550

Last edited:
Fantastic project.

For the v2 as Obi-Wan ANH stunt have you identify a motor that could be fitted in to make the emmiter rotating?
That would be my holy grail to get a functional Obi-Wan stunt prop.

From your offer list I do not see if you offer the Obi-Wan ANH stunt option with electronic red on/off switch +cables?
View attachment 1377550

No, I don't; that's even more work than I'm already doing. That's on the buyer if they so wish to use the V2 as the ANH Guinness Stunt. It's built as such to accommodate that, they are the same hilt after all.

As for the exact motor, it's not been positively identified but the likeliest modern candidate from both mine and Mouse Vader research on our respective stunt hilts, is the 6V 620 single motor.

Oh. My. God. I have the worst luck imaginable.

My gear belt for my lathe snapped last night working on the last ******* V2. I'm gonna have to extend the deadline a bit for those on the run while I get a replacement.

Dude what are the odds!!!

970,000: 1---but never tell me the odds!

UPDATE:

I managed to find a spare gear belt in my misc. parts pile and spent the day retrofitting it into my lathe. It's not the right kind of belt but I had bought replacement gears for it at the beginning of the year when I previously had to fix my lathe.

Good news: it works again.
Bad news: not as well as originally.

The belt and gear set up has a differential unlike my prior set up. I don't know what it is exactly, but it can't handle much torque. I can't risk shredding my belt again while I wait on a source for a replacement. I spent the day finagling power to the speed dial and the adjusting the torque. It cuts but I have to go in thin, very slow passes.

It's going to be slow work but I'm extending the deadline for myself out to a week. That should give me time to make the transcriptor knobs and finish cleaning my last V2.

Hang in there with me, gang. The lights at the end of the tunnel!

If you’re going by the list numbers, does that make it my V2 giving you trouble?
I do apologize!!

Please take your time buddy. I can’t speak for anyone but myself, but I know I would rather wait for quality parts that you can enjoy making rather than trying to suffer through under non-ideal conditions. With all the time and effort you put into these beauties already, from the prototyping to the casting, and now to the machining, these sabers deserve to be something you’ll look back on and be incredibly proud of. It would be a shame to have any hiccups at these final stages because you feel like you *need* to hit a deadline.

If you’re going by the list numbers, does that make it my V2 giving you trouble?
I do apologize!!

Please take your time buddy. I can’t speak for anyone but myself, but I know I would rather wait for quality parts that you can enjoy making rather than trying to suffer through under non-ideal conditions. With all the time and effort you put into these beauties already, from the prototyping to the casting, and now to the machining, these sabers deserve to be something you’ll look back on and be incredibly proud of. It would be a shame to have any hiccups at these final stages because you feel like you *need* to hit a deadline.

Yeah, I'm (way down on the list anyway, but) in no rush.

The hilts for the first two runs are done! I've messaged those involved and will await replies before sending them out! Thanks for hanging in there, gang!

20201223_141923.jpg
20201223_141914.jpg

Wow man, wicked job... before you stop the run I’m gonna need a v2 and v3 from ya

Do you want to switch your spots for the Raw Casts for the V2 and V3 or added to the later runs?

Also, list updated. I won't be able to start anything new until the new year. I have to refuel my LP tank and undergo repairs for the lathe. Happy Christmas and good health in the new year, everyone!

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back