1. Welcome to the Project Runs Forum!

This forum is intended for interest gauging and active runs. Due to the transient nature of this forum, please keep all research and ongoing discussion in one of our main forums so your information is not lost.

Only Premium Members can start a new run.

Click here for details on becoming a Premium Member.

Click here for the complete Classifieds Guidelines.

Dismiss Notice

Unlimited Run ARROW - Mirakuru Cure (accepting payments)

Discussion in 'Project Runs' started by santiclause, Sep 13, 2015.

1. santiclause

santiclause Sr Member

Hello, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in some Mirakuru cure vials from the TV Series Arrow. I just got done catching up on my missed season and would like to try to take a crack at making some props from this awesome series. Making the vial stands and logos per order now. Gloss black logos and stand with custom shaped Arrow logo themed text plaque for 1 side of each stand. 1 UV reactive screen accurate vial with UV reactive liquid and UV LED / with batteries, battery holder, and switch.

Now accepting payments.

Price: $50 vial and stand
    Price: $55 vial and stand with custom plaque for 1 side.

Shipping: $10 inside the US /// $15 international

1.jpg 2.jpg mirakurua cure from star labs.png base_ideas.jpg mirakuru4.jpg mirakuru1.jpg mirakuru5.jpg mirakuru2.jpg mirakuru3.jpg

Thanks again,
    Bryan - Creative Conceptz Props
    http://www.freewebstore.org/creative-conceptz-props

Interested List:

1.) lb100
    2.) staticweb23
    3.) bluecoyote
    4.) Lightslinger x2 vials
    5.) iggy101
    6.) JKRIB
    7.) tomm1999 - PAID w/ extra vial W/plaque - SHIPPED
    8.) Robl - PAID x1 W/plaque - SHIPPED

1.jpg

2.jpg

mirakurua cure from star labs.png

base_ideas.jpg

mirakuru1.jpg

mirakuru2.jpg

mirakuru3.jpg

mirakuru4.jpg

mirakuru5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
  2. lboy100

lboy100 New Member

Re: ARROW - Mirakuru Cure

Hell to the yes!! An LED version would be awesome and the suitcase of 60 vials even better!

3. santiclause

santiclause Sr Member

Alright cool I'll start the list with you. It would be cool to get a few people interested in this, but if we only get a few I guess we could make them per order. I think we would need at least 3 people interested to start though as I can't buy the vials individually, I have to buy them in packs.

4. lboy100

lboy100 New Member

Thanks for adding me to the list! Hope there'll be more who are as enthusiastic as I am!

5. staticweb23

staticweb23 Active Member

I'm interested

6. bluecoyote

bluecoyote Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

interested in LED vial...

7. santiclause

santiclause Sr Member

Awesome guys, sorry I've been mia for about a week. Back in action now. Did all of you guys want just a single vial? I know lboy1000 said he would be interested in a suitcase version like seen in the screen caps, any others?

I can go ahead and order the vials etc... now that we have at least 3 people interested. :D can't wait to mix up some Mirakuru!

8. Lightslinger

Lightslinger Jr Member

Interested in 2 LED vials.

9. santiclause

santiclause Sr Member

Cool got you down!

10. lboy100

lboy100 New Member

Yeah! Great to hear! Do you have an estimate on the pricing for single vials? and what do you expect a full suitcase would cost?

11. lboy100

lboy100 New Member

any updates?

12. RobI

RobI Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I could be persuaded for a vial if the price was right. :)

13. santiclause

santiclause Sr Member

Ok, so I've been thinking on how to light individual vials, make them stand alone props. I could try to fit some UV leds under the cap and have them lit that way, or you could simply have the vial near a uv or black light and the vial will glow with the liquid I would be putting in these.

Is it really important for these vials to be stand alone self sustained lighting or do you guys not mind just have then vial near a black light or uv light? maybe create some sort of stand for the vial that has a uv/blacklight in the base? The suit case would contain uv lights to make all the vials glow if we were to go that route.

what do you guys think?

14. RobI

I would prefer to buy a single vial independently lit so you can carry it around/hold it and still have it look cool.

If you didn't have anything in the cap, you'd always have to have a UV light on in the room or near the case/base. As soon as you move it, it loses the effect and just becomes a generic vial of liquid. However if you ONLY display it in the suitcase, then it'd look amazing. A dilemma for sure.

15. santiclause

santiclause Sr Member

yea, doing some research on single UV leds and things to see if I can fit one on the underside of the cap. I'm also trying to figure out how to power the led, again it would have to be small to fit under the cap, like a watch battery maybe, but then I have to solve the problem of keeping all of that water tight so liquid doesn't reach the led or battery.

16. santiclause

santiclause Sr Member

Alright I just ordered a UV LED that I think will fit underneath the cap of the vials, I have an idea for waterproofing the LED and battery that should work, now I just need to figure out how to turn it on and off...best case scenario I can think of right now is to get a really small rubber or plastic push button switch or something that is in the center of the cap on top almost flush with the cap..about the size of a pencil tip if I can find one that small...I'll have to drill a hole in the top of the cap (about the size of a pencil tip) and run the button up through, that way you can turn the vial on and off? This means I'll have to create some sort of clear plate to hold all the components under the cap and to seal it so liquid can't get to any of the parts and go through the small hole in the top of the cap.

sound good?

17. RobI

18. santiclause

santiclause Sr Member

I'll do some digging, but I need it to be water tight (proof) and be able to fit in a very tight space, the under side of the cap of an 8 dram vial which only holds 1 oz of liquid which seems to be the size of the screen vials.

19. santiclause

santiclause Sr Member

Bump for more interest. UV Led's are on their way

20. santiclause

santiclause Sr Member

bump today, can't wait to get the uv leds in the mail.

21. santiclause

santiclause Sr Member

Ok, so I have the UV LED in and it says it takes DC 3.2v-4.5v any ideas on how to get that kind of voltage through maybe a watch battery or something, remember it will all have to be 1/2'' or less in diameter in order to fit under the cap probably...could I stack 2 3v or 2v watch batteries on top of each other making it a combined voltage of either 4-6v? or is there a single battery out there small enough to fit under the cap, but has enough voltage to power the single UV LED?

22. Iggy101

Iggy101 Jr Member

I am can't wait to see the end product

23. santiclause

santiclause Sr Member

Cool, I put you on the list :) I'm researching battery options now.

24. santiclause

santiclause Sr Member

bump today.

25. santiclause

santiclause Sr Member

bump today

26. santiclause

santiclause Sr Member

bump today, still looking into the battery options for power supply for the uv led.

27. santiclause

santiclause Sr Member

Ok, I was able to test my uv led light with 2 3v batteries and it lit up fine and my liquid fine and gave it a nice glow. Now that I've got that test out of the way, I just have to try and fit 3 2v watch batteries under the cap, and find some sort of micro switch.

Is everyone still on board with this?

28. santiclause

santiclause Sr Member

I just had a thought, how would everyone feel about a small display stand / test tube holder, maybe arrow themed (the logo or something) that held the batteries and the UV LED...that way we wouldn't have to worry about trying to cram all the batteries, switches, and the led under the cap of the vial and making it waterproof etc...Would everyone be ok with this option?

29. RobI

I'm fine with that. I like displays. Maybe have a plaque that says "Mirakuru Cure" or something?

30. santiclause

santiclause Sr Member

precisely, I was thinking that too...I know there's a guy on here that does pretty good aluminum plaques and stuff for displays, so I'll do some thumbnail sketches and come up with a few ideas for a stand, if you guys want to offer any stand ideas feel free!

31. Feezle-Nuts

Feezle-Nuts Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

If you guys need plaques, just let me know what you are thinking.

32. santiclause

santiclause Sr Member

yup, I'm pretty sure you're the guy I was talking about lol

Thanks.

33. santiclause

santiclause Sr Member

How would something like this be? I still have to draw up a top and side profile, and the arrow logo would be slanted and the top would be touching the vial on both sides. But the light and batteries would be on the bottom of the base and hidden away. The light would shine up through the bottom of the vial illuminating it and glowing. Look/sound good to everyone so far?
    base1.jpg base2.jpg

34. santiclause

santiclause Sr Member

bump today

35. Feezle-Nuts

Feezle-Nuts Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I think that would cause a flaring effect at the bottom and the light would not be distributed evenly. Have you considered luminescent paint?

36. santiclause

santiclause Sr Member

I think it will be fine, the uv light was so powerful that it lit up the material easily and all the way through... if there was any hot spot near the bottom, it would be hidden anyway because part of the vial, (the very bottom) will be hidden in the display stand anyway. The bottom of the vial will rest in a recessed area of the display stand, that's how the vial will be able to stand up. And if I had to I could probably sand down the bottom tip of the vial to give it a more flat/sanded shape and finish. That would probably help in light dispersion, but I don't think I would have to do that based on the test I did.

37. santiclause

santiclause Sr Member

bump today

38. santiclause

santiclause Sr Member

bump today.

39. santiclause

santiclause Sr Member

bump for anymore interest?

40. santiclause

santiclause Sr Member

Ok good news...it looks like I might have actually found some batteries that will provide enough voltage and small enough to fit under the vial cap as orgianlly planned!!! so I think I should be able to make a self sustaining (lit) vial cure like I wanted to in the first place. With that said would you guys like me to try and still make the arrow logo stands for them or have you guys display them how you want?

Thanks,
    Bryan.

41. RobI

I'd love to see some sort of Arrow plaque stand like what you had been talking about earlier. It doesn't need to be anything complex. Otherwise I know I'll never get anything made myself and it'll just be a cool lit vial with no outward clue as to what it is. :lol

42. santiclause

santiclause Sr Member

I hear ya, sounds good to me as well.

43. santiclause

santiclause Sr Member

Everyone still on board with this if I go ahead and order the vials? Once the vials are ordered it wouldn't be too long before this whole prop could be finished, I would just need to focus mainly on the display stand at that point.

44. RobI

Maybe I missed it but did you have any idea on pricing? Also any good update photos?

45. santiclause

santiclause Sr Member

with the arrow themed stand I would like to go around $50 that price might change slightly if I end up getting a metal plaque faceplate to go on the front of the stand. I don't have any good update photos, mainly because I would like to know if everyone who was interested is still on board. Major update photos would be posted as soon as I can confirm the interest and order the vials, then I could show you guys the vial, liquid, and have it lit as well as begin modeling the arrow themed stand and possibly contact the guy who makes the metal plaques to get a quote on a face plate.

Thanks,
    Bryan.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the only hurdle or thing left at this point is finding a micro switch and figuring out where to place it, but I don't imagine that will give me too much trouble.

46. RobI

I'm never one to normally be a project thread idea contributor but since no one else is chiming in... I think $50ish is fair so I am still in. Bit what I was talking about as far as pictures was merely what you had now. You said you had lit the fluid to your satisfaction. Can we see? Don't need a final prototype, just an inkling of what it would be.

47. santiclause

santiclause Sr Member

sure I can do that.

48. santiclause

santiclause Sr Member

Ok, this doesn't make much sense to me...I have two CR2032 batteries that put out 3v each, I used those for my testing of the UV LED and it lit it up nice and bright....but those batteries would be too big to fit under the cap, so I found smaller batteries CR1025 also putting out 3v each...when I used those batteries to light up the UV LED....it lit it up but it wasn't nearly as bright???

That doesn't make any sense to me...if both battery types are putting out 3v each, shouldn't both batteries light the UV LED in the same way (brightness)? I don't understand how the UV LED can be getting lit differently if both batteries put out the same voltage amounts..

any ideas what's going on?

49. santiclause

santiclause Sr Member

Ok, so I looked up the data sheet on both batteries, the only difference I see is that the "typical capacity" for the smaller battery is 30 MAh and the "typical capacity" for the larger battery is 230 MAh

MAh = mili amps per hour.....so I would think this should only effect the longevity of the battery life, not the brightness, again both batteries put out the same amount of voltage, so what gives!?

50. JKRIB

JKRIB Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Any update on this? I'd be interested