Arno and Élise - Assassin's Creed Unity


New Member
I just wanted to share my final cosplays of Arno Dorian and Élise de la Serre, from Assassin's Creed Unity.


First of all, a huge thank you to Fabian and his fantastic technical drawing of Arno's coat in this post - it has been a life saver. I ended up using several sources for the final rendition, from the Art of Assassin's Creed Unity book, to posters, to the game version, to other concept arts... So it's not quite an exact copy of any of them. But I'm sure you'll agree it's recognizable enough as 'Arno'.

My husband doesn't have the same body shape as Arno either, so I worked with what would fit best on his frame. He gave me the best compliment by saying he couldn't wait for the con (next weekend!) to wear it!

For the various elements, I used:

  • Coat, hood, gaiters: a medium-weight twill and a suede-like faux leather. The front top/bottom pieces and back bottom pieces are actually lined with the faux leather. It's pretty malleable and lightweight, it was very easy to sew. The back top and sleeves are lined with a poly silk lining.
  • Beige waistcoat: also twill. I made the bias tapes myself. for the details.
  • Brown waistcoat: some poly fabric I had in my stash. With a million of buttons!
  • Belt: real leather. Still need to work on the fit of it, it's a bit too long.
  • Breeches: a standard, grey woolly fabric.
  • Shirt: shirting fabric (poly/cotton blend).



I followed the same route as for Arno: various sources were used, from concept art to game version. And based upon availability of materials. Again, not 100% accurate to any of the versions out there, but I'm still very pleased. I even had a go at embossing -- cosplay making is about learning new skills, right? I can't wait to wear it next weekend!

As for the materials:

  • Coat: the light blue is actually real suede. Very lightweight, very thin, so easy to sew and shape. The collar is also real leather. The main portion of the coat is made of a jacquard fabric that was light blue, but I dyed it in navy. Lining is a paisley-patterned poly lining.
  • Waistcoat: navy corduroy.
  • Breeches: same fabric as Arno's! :)
  • Shirt: also same fabric as Arno's, but with remnants of my living room lacy curtains for the cuffs! Ha!
  • Boots: real leather too, very supple, moves well.
  • Sash: a poly/wolly kind of fabric (mystery blend), and aluminium plates with embossed Templar cross.


More WIP photos can be found in my Arno and Élise album.

I still need to make some slight fitting adjustments to both cosplays before we wear them, but after spending 2 full months on these... I'm so happy to be writing them off as done!

Do not hesitate if you have any questions or want to know which patterns I used - some elements were self-drafted, but not all...
Last edited:


New Member
Thanks! Looking forward to see yours! What a mofo of a coat... Of course when I look at it I see all the faults and how I could have done better. Let's see if Victory is as inspiring as Unity was for me!
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

  1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.