Armour

Plasmapredator

Hey Hunters...I dont know how to make my armour firstly,but i'll find a huntorial to do that..But the purpose of this topic was what shall i use to MAKE my armour out of? people have said latex,but i dont have enough latex to do it,could i use leather? If anyone has could you show me how it turned out? Others say "foamies" or something like that. I cant get hold of it on its own,its only in like,numbers or lettres etc...So any help please?

Hey Hunters...I dont know how to make my armour firstly,but i'll find a huntorial to do that..But the purpose of this topic was what shall i use to MAKE my armour out of? people have said latex,but i dont have enough latex to do it,could i use leather? If anyone has could you show me how it turned out? Others say "foamies" or something like that. I cant get hold of it on its own,its only in like,numbers or lettres etc...So any help please?

For starters, where do you live? US, Britain, Australia? Helps in narrowing down recommendations.

Also, have you checked out the following threads?

List of Huntorials
AVP Armor Templates By VinMan: People discuss different things in this one.

im working in some chest/shoulder plates from VinMan's basic tempates usuing cardboard from soda (pop) containers and ill use some fomies to as some depth and detail... im trying to find some plasti-dip to coat it with but slow going... im basically getting at you can make it out of anything but it depends on your skill level, confidance and available materials, but some things take more time to work with than others

Beleive it or not I remember seeing someone make Armor out of 5 Gallon PVC Buckets.

They cut out curved shapes and layered the pieced to resemble some of the AVP Armor, which has that Layered Plate look.

Get some clay and sculpt up armor parts, then make plasters molds of them and produce Latex pieces. That way you can get custom results on the cheap.

Beleive it or not I remember seeing someone make Armor out of 5 Gallon PVC Buckets.

They cut out curved shapes and layered the pieced to resemble some of the AVP Armor, which has that Layered Plate look.

Get some clay and sculpt up armor parts, then make plasters molds of them and produce Latex pieces. That way you can get custom results on the cheap.

I made the Spartan costume this year for Halloween, helmet and all (See my AVI), out of recycled 5-gal buckets I scavengede from a construction site dumpster. To bend it, use either a heat gun or put the cut pieces into boiling water until it softens (CAREFULLY!), bend it to shape and then IMMEDIATELY, throw it in another bucket of ice water to form it. I read one person used a 5-gal can as the mold for the curve, or a bowling ball. Be creative.

Ooman Dragon Mei'hswei - They have plastidip at The Home Depot or check Smooth-On's website for the local distributor of all their products.

They cut out curved shapes and layered the pieced to resemble some of the AVP Armor, which has that Layered Plate look..
You're right Gene.that was DIAVOLO BIANCO that made the armor out of buckets.there has been quite a few here that have made it with buckets but I believe diavolo was the first one to do so.
I'll be right back I'm going to check that thread again :D

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back