Armor

There's your problem... the aluminum was for the baked potatoes.

On a serious side... I did.

I can't weld aluminum without borrowing my neighbors TIG. So, I am working in steel for my bio with very slow progress (laziness + lack of motivation = no progress). My consideration for the armor was that if I wanted ot sit in a car with any of it on there might me a problem. Making it easily removable and dull is important. I found that I'm enjoying using plastics. Partially because I can do it in my living room. I'm not trying to talk you out of it at all. I would have tried it if I had a TIG or a gas torch, or some leather strapes riveting the pieces together.

Keep us updated if you do it, I'd really like seeing that. The links to all my threads are in my profile but here is my bio thread.
http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?showtopic=14964

I'm asking because it shouldn't be to hard on the latex skin's. A friend of mine has made several suits of colonial marine armor in alluminum. My armor is actually 18 guage stainless. Quick story on metal armor. A friend of mine borrowed my armor for Dragon con 09. While walking through the crowd some female thought it would be funny by punching him as hard as possible. It turned out to be funny as she wept holding her hand. So real armor does work.

I'm asking because it shouldn't be to hard on the latex skin's. A friend of mine has made several suits of colonial marine armor in alluminum. My armor is actually 18 guage stainless. Quick story on metal armor. A friend of mine borrowed my armor for Dragon con 09. While walking through the crowd some female thought it would be funny by punching him as hard as possible. It turned out to be funny as she wept holding her hand. So real armor does work.
Why are you asking if you've tried it on something else all ready? Just do it. Besides, some of that info might have made this a productive thread from the beginning. Maybe in the wrong section, but a productive one none the less.

Here:
:)
I've been wanting to use that one. :cry:

Did you search for 'aluminum' (one l)? There's like 5 pages. Something is bound to inspire you.

hmm, I'd be worried about the alluminum cutting into the latex, but i guess if it was bent under right you'd be safe.
I'd watch any of the weapons though. alluminum wrist blades would look pretty cool, But you wouldn't be able to get near a convention with those puppies.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back